TGF Do Something Weekly Challenge Week 3

DrewJD82

Staff member
Me all last week seeing the submissions coming in

Happy Panda GIF by BBC Earth

I feel like a school teacher saying this, but outstanding work, everyone! I'd imagine about now is when you'll start feeling some pain kicking in from the amount of time you're spending on these, but it seems last week some people were getting more familiar with their setups and some of the initial growing pains should be subsiding. It's been awesome seeing questions popping up and people really investing time in this.

@Iron1- 2
@sotipay - 1
@Alex Kenivel - 2
@duzie - 1
@FAKA! - *4*!!!!
@metropolis_4 - 2
@TJontheRoad - 2
@SeeD - 1
@Fireproof - 1
@la szum - 2
@Piing - 1
@TheTrueZoltan! - 2
@Jarick - 1
@JiveTurkey - 2
@woody - 2
@Gearzilla - 2
@Whizzinby - 2
@TravisG406 - 2
@fretworn - 1
@Bruce - 1
@DrewJD82 -2

I'm running low on variety for these drum tracks, I'm going to try to toss a few together this week, at this point that would take me less time than sorting through the horribly titled collection I have.

Metal 150BPM MIDI- https://www.dropbox.com/s/qecfyy9bsk2nyqa/Metal 150 W3.mid?dl=0
Metal 150BPM WAV-https://www.dropbox.com/s/bm8jrrsnvvjzpkp/W3%20Metal%20150BPM.wav?dl=0

Rock 117BPM MIDI https://www.dropbox.com/s/o84r3x8folj1p5r/TGF DrumsW3 Rock 117BPM.mid?dl=0
Rock 117BPM WAV https://www.dropbox.com/s/nxmeeqtko19hgc1/W3 Rock 117BPM.wav?dl=0

Rock 120BPM MIDI https://www.dropbox.com/s/6kwk1qqrgsl4rur/W3 Rock 120BPM.mid?dl=0
Rock 120BPM WAV https://www.dropbox.com/s/jp7zahpspxd10p6/W3 Rock 120BPM.wav?dl=0

I can't remember if I said anything about the prize pot last week, but the winner of this challenge will be able to pick a pedal out of a little prize pot we have. @Mongillo19 was such a badass muddafugga he donated a pedal to the pot! The pedals so far range from "I guess that'd be cool to check out for free" to "No sh*t!, that's pretty cool!" but I don't want to name them to keep the focus more on the internal prize we feel deep in our hearts rather than the physical item (that may also bring us joy in our hearts but probably not a whole ton). I bet Mongillo's wallet looks like this-

iu

I think for now it's best I don't think to any set schedule, my apologies for that and I'll work on getting these prepped so I can just post them on a set day every week. Work kicked my ass a bit last week and I was really going nuts on my own submission.....sorry bout dat.

Let's run this one Tuesday to Tuesday in case someone doesn't see this post tonight. Submissions due by next Monday, 11:59PM (but really, if you're a day late or somethin I won't break balls over it)

Last edited:
Here’s some silly ukulele inspired fun called “Time Chapter”.

Gear used in production; Luna Vineland Concert Ukulele, Relish Mary One, Fractal FM9, GS Music e7, UDO Super 6, Arturia Wurli V, Arturia Mini V, Roland JP-8080, Majella Audio Implexus, Groove Synthesis 3rd Wave, Logic Pro X Drummer, Meris LVX,

And a really crappy singer ;)

Last edited:
Have a crazy week full of depressing family drama and exciting work opportunities. So, not sure I'll be able to get back to this one, but it's done enough. Started with some serious inspiration for stuff with my Yamaha APX600 which faded after the first go. Then I got some other inspiration with my Jackson HT7, then that faded... and here we are...

Gear used in production; Luna Vineland Concert Ukulele, Relish Mary One, Fractal FM9, GS Music e7, UDO Super 6, Arturia Wurli V, Arturia Mini V, Roland JP-8080, Majella Audio Implexus, Groove Synthesis 3rd Wave, Logic Pro X Drummer, Meris LVX,

Made me feel like I was having a flashback... :rofl

Love the imagination!

"Look upon yourself, find all that's great"

Man; this song hit me in the feels a bit. The perils of being 50+ :bag:sofa:rofl Perfect use of your instrumentation, great modern sheen and production with and wise POV on the lyrical side. Great job on the singing as it fit the song like a glove. Excellent work! :beer:love
Have a crazy week full of depressing family drama and exciting work opportunities. So, not sure I'll be able to get back to this one, but it's done enough. Started with some serious inspiration for stuff with my Yamaha APX600 which faded after the first go. Then I got some other inspiration with my Jackson HT7, then that faded... and here we are...

This sound great as well. I can hear some doomy/Pete Steele vox on this :satan Hope family stuff settles down for you!

"Look upon yourself, find all that's great"

Man; this song hit me in the feels a bit. The perils of being 50+ :bag:sofa:rofl Perfect use of your instrumentation, great modern sheen and production with and wise POV on the lyrical side. Great job on the singing as it fit the song like a glove. Excellent work! :beer:love

Thanks. 50+ is the man in the mirror moment. Hopefully, you like what you see :)

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I'll have a spare minute for the rest of the week, so I had to do something quicker this time. I was in the mood for something a little bit heavier, so I politely invite you to a minute of Death/Thrash Metal riff salad - bone-dry, with no dressing or topping ;-)

Last edited:
Gaddddammmn, you guys aren’t wasting any time! I’ll check these out on appropriate speakers when I get home!

Here’s mine for the week:

I actually had a different idea I planned to work on, but then I got this one in my head so I had to get it out. Went a little old school

This one started when I was plunking around on a banjo during a zoom meeting at work. Though it changed quite a bit from the original concept as I started laying down parts! Originally it was supposed to be sort of a country thing.

There’s a couple tip-of-the-hat Easter eggs in there; one to Jeff Beck and one to Larry Carlton.

Usual suspects:
Squier CV Jazz Bass V
MIM Strat
HX Stomp
GarageBand drums and clav

The main melody guitar is Klon -> Grammatico, all other guitar parts are a Princeton with various effects in front (fuzz face, SD-1, dynacomp).

Bass is Rochester comp and a little EQ on the end

All comments, feedback and critiques welcome!

Last edited:
Back