TGF Do Something Challenge Week 5

DrewJD82

Staff member
Man, some of you guys are just churning them out!!!!

@Iron1- 8!
@sotipay - 1
@Alex Kenivel - 5
@duzie - 1
@FAKA! - 6
@metropolis_4 - 3
@TJontheRoad - 4
@SeeD - 1
@Fireproof - 1
@la szum - 4
@Piing - 4
@TheTrueZoltan! - 4
@Jarick - 1
@JiveTurkey - 4
@woody - 3
@Gearzilla - 4
@Whizzinby - 3
@TravisG406 - 6
@fretworn - 1
@Bruce - 3
@DrewJD82 -3
@mbenigni -1
(If any of those are off just lemme know!

Thanks for the patience this week! And remember, there’s a whole resource thread that tells you how and where to get drum tracks! It’s as easy as going to YouTube and a little audio routing in your computer, but all the info is the resource thread!

You guys are all killin’ it!!!

Last edited:
Here’s some chill wave called “Suspicion”. Get ready to get mellow.

Gear used in production; CF Martin GPC14F, PRS CE-24, Taylor T5z, Fractal FM9, Toontracks Superior Drummer, vpme.de Quad Drum, Studio Electronics Tonestar 2600, Pittsburgh Lifeforms Double Helix, 2hp Bell, 2hp Pluck, 4ms Ensemble Oscillator, 1010 Music Bitbox Micro, Mutable Instruments Tides, Klavis Quadigy, Noise Engineering Altaraxic Iteritas, Tesseract Radioactive, Doepfer A-106-5 SEM, Qu-Bit Electronix Prism, Super Critical Neutron Flux, Buchla 281t, Neuzeit Instruments Quasar, Mobap Modular Per4mer, Waldorf Iridium, Arturia PolyBrute, U-he Repro-1, Vahalla Delay, Valhalla Supermassive,

Improv solo of an EWF song my late singer liked to play. RIP Moe.

AD2, Strat Rhythm, AZ lead (neck pu'p out of phase), both using Essex A30 and Dua Verde IR in HX Stomp. Ibanez Talman bass with HX Native, Ampeg SVT Pro (no cab)

Here's my first two for this week. Moonlit came from messing around with clean tone settings in the Helix using my new Epiphone ES339.

Crustaceous is more a "normal" song for me. :rofl

The intro is the ES339, the rest is my Jackson Pro HT7 & Ibanez 445 bass.

Oh yeah!
This one has a bridge that I think sounds Zepplin-y hopefully not a ripoff

Dig this. Didn't hear anything that made me think you ripped off anyone. Really liked the lyrics too.

Gear used in production; CF Martin GPC14F, PRS CE-24, Taylor T5z, Fractal FM9, Toontracks Superior Drummer, vpme.de Quad Drum, Studio Electronics Tonestar 2600, Pittsburgh Lifeforms Double Helix, 2hp Bell, 2hp Pluck, 4ms Ensemble Oscillator, 1010 Music Bitbox Micro, Mutable Instruments Tides, Klavis Quadigy, Noise Engineering Altaraxic Iteritas, Tesseract Radioactive, Doepfer A-106-5 SEM, Qu-Bit Electronix Prism, Super Critical Neutron Flux, Buchla 281t, Neuzeit Instruments Quasar, Mobap Modular Per4mer, Waldorf Iridium, Arturia PolyBrute, U-he Repro-1, Vahalla Delay, Valhalla Supermassive,

So very chill I needed more coffee to stave off the urge to go back to bed. Good stuff!

AD2, Strat Rhythm, AZ lead (neck pu'p out of phase), both using Essex A30 and Dua Verde IR in HX Stomp. Ibanez Talman bass with HX Native, Ampeg SVT Pro (no cab)

This is the sort of stuff I want to learn to play - really like this lead a lot. Good job!

Here's my first two for this week. Moonlit came from messing around with clean tone settings in the Helix using my new Epiphone ES339.

Crustaceous is more a "normal" song for me. :rofl

The intro is the ES339, the rest is my Jackson Pro HT7 & Ibanez 445 bass.

It's like i was led to a nice sunny beach somewhere to lay down and close my eyes, only to get crushed by a passing giant! 😈

This is the sort of stuff I want to learn to play - really like this lead a lot. Good job!
Fun, jazzy chords are a trip. I'm not well versed in this kind of style but the past few years of RnB cover bands taught me a shitload

Started this last night, finished up this morning. More times was spent on the video editing than the song, lol. Reaper handling multiple video items with pan/zoom effects gets a little wonky.

Not sure why, but I have this weird, almost psychic, feeling that you like white guitars... :idk

Killer stuff once again brutha! Keep 'em coming.

Not sure why, but I have this weird, almost psychic, feeling that you like white guitars... :idk
In all honesty, a white Strat was always something I wanted (Jimi @ Woodstock). The AZ only came in black or white and I didn't want a black one. I really wanted a Rose or Ice blue one but they didn't have them so I settled for white. The Bass was just the best cheap bass at Guitar Center, I didn't care what color it came in!

I do have a PRS in Vintage Cherry but that guitar picked me!

Really cool, this is the kind of stuff that I could listen to while getting something done. In fact I did just that

I know what you did. You made a great entry in the (insert Ibanez Guitar model number: TGFDSWC5) challenge! :banana
Well I do have an Ibanez that needs work !
image.jpg
I used an Epiphone Sg and a Squier P-bass for recording though…

Good sounds and playing. I need to explore that plugin more.

Technically, this should have been done for last week's challenge, but it took me a few days to get this solo under my fingers. That's a few days longer than I've spent learning someone else's music since high school, but it was fun and I'm glad I did it. I was considering doing a cover of the whole song, but as badass as it is, there's a lot of empty space in that song and I'm now being lured back in by an original.

Doing something a little different this week; I have a song I wrote and recorded around 10 years ago, it's changed a couple times over the years and I was never stoked with it, but I really dig what I've done with the vocals. So I'm re-writing all the music for it to work with the existing vocals. I've never tried writing to vocals before, but I was up for a while last night dicking round with it and I think I can work it into something I can tolerate.

Back