Temple Board - am I missing something?

Boudoir Guitar

Rock Star
Admittedly should have thought this thing through a little better before ordering. It seems to me that if I mount my power supply underneeth the board...I've just blocked access to the holes that a locking nut for a quick release plate would need for the entire patch of board where the power supply sits...effectively making the whole point of mounting the power supply under the board meaningless? Am I missing something? I think @TJontheRoad and @paisleywookiee have some experience here?

Ugh.

Admittedly should have thought this thing through a little better before ordering. It seems to me that if I mount my power supply underneeth the board...I've just blocked access to the holes that a locking nut for a quick release plate would need for the entire patch of board where the power supply sits...effectively making the whole point of mounting the power supply under the board meaningless? Am I missing something? I think @TJontheRoad and @paisleywookiee have some experience here?

Ugh.
I've had so many issues with these boards. I think the main idea is to use their Cioks power supply that fits in the module. I've seen people put their supply on the underneath bar that runs vertical. Given how bit the supply is it shouldnt take any spots away up top

I've had so many issues with these boards. I think the main idea is to use their Cioks power supply that fits in the module. I've seen people put their supply on the underneath bar that runs vertical. Given how bit the supply is it shouldnt take any spots away up top
Even with the Cioks module -- so much for "quick release" given that I'm gonna have to have the forethought to make sure I mount the pedal in that spot before I mount the power module and then if I ever want to pull that pedal off the board, I'm going to have to remove the power module to get to the thum screw to release it.

The whole system just feels like it wasn't quite thought all the way through. (kinda like my purchasing decision...)

Even with the Cioks module -- so much for "quick release" given that I'm gonna have to have the forethought to make sure I mount the pedal in that spot before I mount the power module and then if I ever want to pull that pedal off the board, I'm going to have to remove the power module to get to the thum screw to release it.

The whole system just feels like it wasn't quite thought all the way through. (kinda like my purchasing decision...)
Yes and don't get me started on the stripped screws and ruined modules. Also the gunk from the quick release patches for the price is rough. Some love them though!

Yes and don't get me started on the stripped screws and ruined modules. Also the gunk from the quick release patches for the price is rough. Some love them though!
I was surprised at just how tiny the screws were for the modules, given they're all mostly designed to jam jacks in/out of.

I have 3 templeboards. Never used the plates. Velcro and zip ties for both top and bottom sides worked. Possibly better. I fitted a Cioks Ciokalate under one of them.

I haven't used them in a while. I'm not playing live anymore. Don't remember much other details.

I have 3 templeboards. Never used the plates. Velcro and zip ties for both top and bottom sides worked. Possibly better. I fitted a Cioks Ciokalate under one of them.

I haven't used them in a while. I'm not playing live anymore. Don't remember much other details.
Yeah Velcro is probably the way to go but at what point do you just get the standard Pedaltrain? It's a neat idea tho!

Dude, this is just one guy’s opinion, but FUCK Templeboards. The plates RUINED the bottom of several of my pedals, which is fine because I’ll never sell them, but still. And yes, mounting a power supply is a pain in the dick. The one I still use I just have dual lock for shit, and I’m still probably going to replace it. The modules are cool, but you can replicate that elsewhere, and/or go Warwick Rockboard.

Yup. A system not designed for someone who is not flying around the world with their board. :LOL:

I have one here, but I don't attach my pedals. The board is the right size and is flat. I just let my pedals
float on it---since I move stuff on and off frequently. If I need to move it then the Zipties come out.

Nonsense TGP fodder for people who build pedalboards and never use them!!

Ger yerself a block of wood from an old wardrobe, some bicycle chain links and screws, and fix it all together like a proper human filled with toxic masculinity!!! RAWRRRR!!!

Ger yerself a block of wood from an old wardrobe, some bicycle chain links and screws, and fix it all together like a proper human filled with toxic masculinity!!! RAWRRRR!!!
You clearly are not familiar with the color schemes of my homebrew projects. Toxic, yes. Masculine...questionable.

Thread 'My 28lb. Helix Combo amp' https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/my-28lb-helix-combo-amp.2072803/

Can I wear fancy slippers while I make it?

Yeah the plates are just plain and simple a bad design. They do absolutely nothing you could not achieve with velcro or dual lock.

To me the value of Temple boards is that they have those little side modules and that they are light and being full of holes gives you a lot of options for mounting stuff. I would highly advice buying their carry bag as it makes it easy to move around and has plenty of room for any extras you need. Wish it had more pockets tho. Obviously it's not flight friendly but they have a flight case for that.

I've got two CIOKS power supplies, Strymon Conduit, Morningstar ML5, Lehle P-Split and CME Widi Jack comfortably fitting underneath my Trio 21. On the top is just strips of velcro with dual lock on the pedals themselves. The velcro + dual lock is a bit easier to pull off than full dual lock but I think I will swap it to full dual lock in the future, with smaller pieces on the pedals.

Back