Temple Board - am I missing something?

I may end up plunking down for an FC6 to pair with the FM3. Can keep the FM3 on the desk
and the FC6 at my feet for stomp control and switching.

There really needs to be a new product class for desktop devices that can double as pedals, not the other way around. Most pedals aren't ergonomically designed for desktop use to be honest. I don't know, maybe build in little kickstands or include risers or something. Also, its 2023. We really should have digital IO on pedals by now.
Agree with all that but also understand why pedal manufacturers are not keen to push for something like that.

For me the ultimate pedal setup would be more akin to a modular Eurorack synth, just with cables running in the back or something. You then control that with MIDI remotely.

This is pretty much what I do with my current board, here in various states of disarray as I was plugging in the Compadre and Zelzah. It's wirelessly MIDI controllable.

Pedalboard cropped.jpg

I was interested in these at one point but the internet generally steered me away. For better or worse.
Yup, same here.

I do dig the idea and general concept, but the further research I did, the more it appeared to me that it'd be:

1) expensive AF

2) still no guarantee of 100% happiness

I love my HX FX, which actually helped me toned down severe GAS a couple years ago. After I switched to that, from my meticulously "cultivated" HUGE board (14-17 pedals usually), I've been a fan of simple (to me) kitchen-sink setups for regular band context use.

Next problem: lugging it around, since I use public transport a lot (I very much enjoy beer during + after rehearsal). I know I'd be in crisis if I only ever get to play my setup once a week -> I need to bring it back home.

I have a PT Nano, which is justa tad too small YET doesn't fit into a backpack with the HX FX, so I looked deeply into Temple options, but settled for a cheap two-row Palmer 40, which now gets to stay at practice space. I recreated my go-to HX presets with stuff that I had in storage, and only bring/take a (Model T) preamp and the FreqOut. The HX FX gets to stay home - no shame there, I love that thing and it's played very often.

Maybe I'll make a separate thread, after almost deraling this one, I guess I should. Sorry. ;)

Back