Temple Board - am I missing something?

The modules ARE cool, but a lot of it can be done by either going with Rockboard instead, OR one of many companies that do various patchbays in standard enclosures. I've got one right now that's 5-way TRS, and it's simply dual-locked to the bottom of my board.

They are all the rage at the Fractal board.

The modules ARE cool, but a lot of it can be done by either going with Rockboard instead, OR one of many companies that do various patchbays in standard enclosures. I've got one right now that's 5-way TRS, and it's simply dual-locked to the bottom of my board.
Yeah, the patchbay modules they offer are (1) super pricey for what they offer and (2) not nearly as flexible as what I want. For example, all the XLR boxes are 1/4" to XLR. But I need XLR to XLR.

Anywho, RMA obtained; it's all going back to Sweetwater tomorrow.

For desktop use, I really want the pedals to be more vertical, anyway so I can see and reach everything better while sitting in a chair. Probably just gonna make some sort of custom saw-tooth shaped thing that allows pedals to sit closer to a 45 degree angle.

Rockboard is far heavier though. I looked at the closest models to my Temple Trio 21, the Cinque 5.2 (slightly wider) and Quad 4.2 (less tall and slightly wider) and they are ~2.3 and ~0.5 kg heavier than the Trio 21. And I don't consider my fully populated Trio 21 to be particularly light in the first place. The Cinque is similar price and the Quad a good chunk less expensive with the respective gigbags.

I do agree that the Rockboard modules look a lot nicer, with far cheaper cost to boot (or maybe that's just here in Europe) even if their placement is more limited to exactly one spot. I wish Temple also allowed modules at the back of the board rather than just the sides as I now have to awkwardly run cables from the side to the inputs and outputs of my BluGuitar Amp 1 unless I set up fixed cables to route through the board.

I feel like Temple Audio has been sitting on their laurels. They were supposed to have an amp/cab sim module but that seems to have been quietly just removed from their website as they probably could not get it made after all. Since then there have been no new modules, no effort to make e.g a better pedal mounting system or anything. Seems they are content posting board pics on Instagram.

Rockboard is far heavier though. I looked at the closest models to my Temple Trio 21, the Cinque 5.2 (slightly wider) and Quad 4.2 (less tall and slightly wider) and they are ~2.3 and ~0.5 kg heavier than the Trio 21. And I don't consider my fully populated Trio 21 to be particularly light in the first place. The Cinque is similar price and the Quad a good chunk less expensive with the respective gigbags.

I do agree that the Rockboard modules look a lot nicer, with far cheaper cost to boot (or maybe that's just here in Europe) even if their placement is more limited to exactly one spot. I wish Temple also allowed modules at the back of the board rather than just the sides as I now have to awkwardly run cables from the side to the inputs and outputs of my BluGuitar Amp 1 unless I set up fixed cables to route through the board.

I feel like Temple Audio has been sitting on their laurels. They were supposed to have an amp/cab sim module but that seems to have been quietly just removed from their website as they probably could not get it made after all. Since then there have been no new modules, no effort to make e.g a better pedal mounting system or anything. Seems they are content posting board pics on Instagram.
Rockboard is far heavier because it’s built better. Temple boards are flexy turds, IMO. Even my small one bends.

Rockboard is far heavier because it’s built better. Temple boards are flexy turds, IMO. Even my small one bends.
With pedals on, mine is very solid and it doesn't have any center supports like some of the even larger ones do.

I have the largest temple board, I think it’s close to 4’ or so. What a mistake. BUILD 2 BOARDS and cable them together if you ever need this many pedals. The board wasn’t sturdy enough and was weak in the middle to the point best-tronics fabricated additional support under the board for it. More trouble than it was worth and far too heavy and bulky.

• Sad
Reactions: JT
I have the largest temple board, I think it’s close to 4’ or so. What a mistake. BUILD 2 BOARDS and cable them together if you ever need this many pedals. The board wasn’t sturdy enough and was weak in the middle to the point best-tronics fabricated additional support under the board for it. More trouble than it was worth and far too heavy and bulky.
Yeah I definitely would go no larger than my Trio 21 on a single board. The Trio 43 is like more than twice the size of mine, I don't know how you can even move that or fit it anywhere for transport. Needs its own van or something.

I was interested in these at one point but the internet generally steered me away. For better or worse.
DON'T BELIEVE THE NAYSAYERS THE COMPLAINERS ARE JUST A VOCAL MINORITY MOST PEOPLE ARE HAPPY (he said to himself when ordering an Atomic A3 that then arrived with a broken button and silence from the customer support line until I sent an email threatening to make a thread on TGP, before I even had a TGP account).

One day I'll learn my lesson....

With pedals on, mine is very solid and it doesn't have any center supports like some of the even larger ones do.
Really? Because even this 17DUO has a little flex in the middle that I'd find acceptable if not perfect for around-the-house use but wouldn't dig for stage/rehearsal/gigging use...and is enough that even if Temple System worked for me I wouldn't want to consider a wider duo or trio for home floor use, much less stage use.

Really? Because even this 17DUO has a little flex in the middle that I'd find acceptable if not perfect for around-the-house use but wouldn't dig for stage/rehearsal/gigging use...and is enough that even if Temple System worked for me I wouldn't want to consider a wider duo or trio for home floor use, much less stage use.
I didn't have much flex up to the duo 24. Anything past that yes it wasn't really great

That's odd. I don't have my board here with me so I can't test but never noticed anything. To be fair my board is mostly not used on the floor and I have a pile of stuff (Strymon Conduit, Morningstar ML5, Lehle P-Split, two CIOKS power supplies, CME WIDI Jack, a couple of patchbay modules and a whole pile of patch cables) underneath it that might help stiffen it up a bit.

Yeah I definitely would go no larger than my Trio 21 on a single board. The Trio 43 is like more than twice the size of mine, I don't know how you can even move that or fit it anywhere for transport. Needs its own van or something.
Has its own hard case, currently taking up waaaaay too much room in my basement. I don't flip gear generally but there are a few exceptions I should make soon, this board being one of them.

Screen Shot 2023-01-17 at 4.22.55 PM.png

Boardzilla. In retrospect, this was a big mistake. Half the time I had nowhere to stand.

Yeah, the patchbay modules they offer are (1) super pricey for what they offer and (2) not nearly as flexible as what I want. For example, all the XLR boxes are 1/4" to XLR. But I need XLR to XLR.

For desktop use, I really want the pedals to be more vertical, anyway so I can see and reach everything better while sitting in a chair. Probably just gonna make some sort of custom saw-tooth shaped thing that allows pedals to sit closer to a 45 degree angle.

Music stand(s). Height and angle adjustable.

There really needs to be a new product class for desktop devices that can double as pedals, not the other way around. Most pedals aren't ergonomically designed for desktop use to be honest. I don't know, maybe build in little kickstands or include risers or something. Also, its 2023. We really should have digital IO on pedals by now.

Back