tc 2290 pedal coming tomorrow..

This makes me want to scream

Screenshot 2023-10-27 at 11.56.34 am.png

What’s the significance of the 2290? Who used it what records, associated with a genre, etc.? :bag
Definitely one of the industry standards when it comes to digital delay. If I remember correctly without asking Google, it came out in the 80's or early 90's, and sits in lots of recording studio racks, for example.

What’s the significance of the 2290? Who used it what records, associated with a genre, etc.? :bag

You've definitely heard it for the majority of your life. The only other delay units that had the acclaim of the 2290 would be the Roland SDE-300 and some Lexicon stuff, but even then, there's a reason Petrucci didn't have multiple Lexicon PCMs and went for an individual 2290 in every rig he's had pre-Fractal.

You name a guitar player from the 80's who had a rack and they had a 2290 in it, but it's also been in every professional music studio since they came out and has been used all over the place. I think it's fair to say that the 2290 is the Eventide H3000 of delay units.

I am. I had the FB2 and HoF2, and couldn't sell them fast enough. It was one of those things where people raved about them online, so I bought them, and was utterly disappointed.
I'm actually a big fan of the Flashback2 algorithms. The HoF2 ones are cool, but if I had to sell one and keep one, I'd keep the Flashback2 and sell the HoF2. I have the X4 variants, and recently I was thinking of flogging them and getting the Plethora. But in reality, don't need either of them now I have the BigSky and Timeline again.

I'm actually a big fan of the Flashback2 algorithms. The HoF2 ones are cool, but if I had to sell one and keep one, I'd keep the Flashback2 and sell the HoF2. I have the X4 variants, and recently I was thinking of flogging them and getting the Plethora. But in reality, don't need either of them now I have the BigSky and Timeline again.
I definitely liked the Flashback more.

The big question though is have the BigSky and Timeline been beaten?

Back