Taylor Swift: Time's Person of the Year

PSbCk4v.jpg

Actually, I don't have the tiniest bit of problem with this. Girl's in the midst of the largest world tour EVER selling out the biggest stadiums all over the planet and grossing $2.2 billion in the process. There's zero scandals or diva BS with her and she's dating a stud NFL star. She's been in the spotlight for over a decade now and done nothing but grow her fan base and keep them very happy. Good on her. Seems like just yesterday.....

64cbe2bf85903.image.jpg

For the record Barbie came in at #2 and King Charles III was #3. :rofl
I don't care either but I still cannot get over how bad she sounded sitting in with De Leppard that time :crazy

I accidentally switched the channel to this one day right when it was starting... and I could NOT. TuRN. THE. CHANNEL.

It's mostly the production.. they pull SOOO much out of the hook, its ridonKulouse

Who's got time for a husband and kids when you're so busy becoming a billionaire by singing and strumming a guitar. :LOL:

I don't get how people equate popularity and success with artistry or taste. They are NOT the same thing.
Hell, sometimes they are actually more akin to being polar opposites. Being liked and consumed in vast
numbers across age groups and cultures doesn't mean it is "great!"

Hello, McDonald's anyone? :LOL:

That shit will make you fat, is devoid of calories, and has little to no nutritional value. But it sure
has raked in billions. :idk

Or Disney? Is Disney some grand artistic statement, or a kind of cheap, imitation fantasyland that
conspires to get parents to have a miserable weekend walking around on pavement and standing
in long lines listening to kid's piss and moan endlessly, only to be frightened to death by an 8
foot Mickey Mouse?

Or Marvel/DC/Superhero movies. Massively popular. Hugely successful. But are they timeless classics
that will stand the test of time and measure up to The Godfather, Apocalypse Now, and Casablanca?
Highly unlikely.

So, is Taylor Swift akin to Disney, McDonald's, and Marvel Movies? I'll let you all decide. :beer

My overall ‘I couldn’t give 2 shits I shit out 4 years ago’ take is this is an exercise in hype creating hype. Put out the idea this person is a huge star and getting all this acclaim, whether they are or not, and people start asking “Why? What’s so good about her? Let me see for myself” and all those people who never gave a fuck about Taylor Swift are suddenly lookin up her vids on YouTube or digging for articles, which the hype machine then uses as figures to display “success”

Back