Taylor Swift: Time's Person of the Year

Achilles

Rock Star
Actually, I don't have the tiniest bit of problem with this. Girl's in the midst of the largest world tour EVER selling out the biggest stadiums all over the planet and grossing $2.2 billion in the process. There's zero scandals or diva BS with her and she's dating a stud NFL star. She's been in the spotlight for over a decade now and done nothing but grow her fan base and keep them very happy. Good on her. Seems like just yesterday.....

64cbe2bf85903.image.jpg

For the record Barbie came in at #2 and King Charles III was #3. :rofl

Last edited:
I know I’ve heard her music but have no clue what songs they were, I’m sure I hear it every time I leave the house.

I think it’s pretty badass she re-recorded her own music to tell the label to fuck off, but that’s about the extent I know about her. Not really my thing.

My daughter is insane about Taylor Swift. For about 2 years it was the only music I heard in my own damned car. Her catalog kind of runs the gamut after all these years of prolific output: lots of silly clubbing music (some of it legitimately fun and clever; some of it insufferable), and some genuinely beautiful songs as well. "Cardigan" and "Lover" are personal faves. You can all make fun of me now.

Let's all remember that in past years it's been awarded to Bin Laden, Putin, and Hitler. Taylor is certainly a step up from that!

She's one of those mega-mega-mega-super-mega stars that could actually entertain for an evening around a campfire with nothing but a guitar. Pink is another one that comes to mind. In this day and age of ABSOLUTE CRAP everywhere you look it's always nice to see folks get to the top who have hard earned chops to back up the hype.

Or the Nobel Peace Prize, even. ;) Anyway, with Barbie having won 2nd place for Person of the Year, I have to imagine the Nobel Peace Prize is earmarked for Oppenheimer. The movie, that is.
Maybe she can write some spell check code that actually knows what I'm thinking.

Hmmm. On second thought, that might not be a good idea :satan

Last edited:
Back