Synergy Owners Thread

The Metroplex is a one trick pony. Probably one of the weakest modules in the entire line up. IMHO. Also, AFAIK the red and blue channel are the same.
I am strongly considering the Synergy Plexi module after all I've read. I need that clean channel, a mild crunch and a moderate drive. Those were my hopes for the Metroplex module. I still have to compare the tones after adjusting the cathode options.

My thoughts on the modules I've tried;

LOVE
IICP
Uber
TDLX
Deliverance

Bman
OS
Powerball
Ecstacy
Vai
Herbert

MEH
Friedman's
Ultra Lead
VH4

I really like the IR-X so maybe the Friedman BE Deluxe module would be more my thing? VH4 module was readily my least favourite which was unexpected.
I believe I saw a video with you giving the Plexi a spin? How did that rank?

I'm exchanging the Metroplex module for the Plexi module. No matter what I tried (cathode switch, different cabs, etc), the Metroplex was too flubby with higher gain tones. Sounded more like a fuzz pedal than tube overdrive. Not what I expected at all, even using George's settings in his demo. I seriously hope the Metroplex module is NOT an accurate portrayal of the "real" amp.

With the Syn30 head, cleans are no issue. Probably the best clean channel I've ever heard.
Agree... the Syn30 is a great amp. Only changes I'd make would be: an IR loader for silent mode, a depth, and a global/loop master. But really it's close to perfect for a 30W amp.

Agree... the Syn30 is a great amp. Only changes I'd make would be: an IR loader for silent mode, a depth, and a global/loop master. But really it's close to perfect for a 30W amp.
I completely agree. I would have preferred the 50 watt head, but no clean channel offered in that one. All good, though. Was surprised to find a pair of 5881s in the power section.

I completely agree. I would have preferred the 50 watt head, but no clean channel offered in that one. All good, though. Was surprised to find a pair of 5881s in the power section.

That’s the only thing that’s kept me from buying the 50w head, not having the clean channel from the 30w version included. It sort of undercuts the value of having the two enclosures if youre just going to have to throw a clean module into one of the docks anyway.

Has anyone tried the Synergy B-man or the old Eganter dual channel B-man for bass?

I'm looking at getting one of these to use exclusively for bass running it through my Mesa Titan.
I have a Randall Randall Blackface which works fairly well, but needs some minor tweaks to make it more suitable for bass; mostly a little more low end or possibly a deep instead of bright switch. I'm looking at getting either an Egnater or Synergy B-man in hopes it would be more suited with no mods necessary.

So my dumb circle back around ass is unsurprisingly looking at Synergy stuff again. I'm thinking a Syn-1 with a 5150. Or Plexi. Or the IIC. Or the Uber. Or the 800. Or the BMan.

:brick

So my dumb circle back around ass is unsurprisingly looking at Synergy stuff again. I'm thinking a Syn-1 with a 5150. Or Plexi. Or the IIC. Or the Uber. Or the 800. Or the BMan.

:brick
Hit me up for the turkey price because I'm tempted to start my circle up 😂

pm incoming
blues-clues-mailbox.gif

• Haha
Reactions: JT
Back