Surprised more companies don't do this

Bob Zaod

Rock Star
Being a complete amp modeler freak and having to learn various software editors, really makes me wish more companies do what Soundcraft does with their Ui series of mixers. They have a live demo of their HTML based control software and I gotta say it has been so helpful for me. Not just to get me ramped up but also to find useful stuff and/or things I forgot about. Being someone in IT I have set up many virtual machines and still do to this day, I can't imagine it was hard to do.

THIS THING HERE

They have a live demo of their HTML based control software and I gotta say it has been so helpful for me.
That's why web technologies are pretty cool for making user interfaces. You can serve the same stuff as:
  • A straight up website like here.
  • As an Electron app packaged to work similar to a standard program executable so you launch it like any software.
  • As a mobile app.
So instead of building several different versions of the same app, they can all share majority of their code and only things that differ is what is packaged around them (e.g access to mobile device services and permission handling).

The main drawback is that it's more memory hungry and slower than true native software. But most people have plenty of RAM to spare and aren't pegged for CPU time so you would never notice.

Even if it's just offline editing of actual software, that'd be a general step in the right direction. Loved this on the Pod HD software.

No it's for learning the layout and seeing all the functions it has. You can access everything but no sound.
I just get a traditional slider, a weird steampunky slider that I assume is gain, and a few M/S buttons. Looks like it's set up for an Aux feed/IEM control? Does it do more? Using an Android phone.

Even if it's just offline editing of actual software, that'd be a general step in the right direction. Loved this on the Pod HD software.

I just get a traditional slider, a weird steampunky slider that I assume is gain, and a few M/S buttons. Looks like it's set up for an Aux feed/IEM control? Does it do more? Using an Android phone.

yes it's the full shebang. Try landscape mode

Back