Title Changed to what Humbuckers?

I haven't PU swapped in years..... because I overdid it in the past, and one rail now might
throw me off the wagon again after all of these years of PU Swapping Sobriety. :brick

I likey the humbuckers. I likey them gooood.

They go hrrrmmmm and prrrffffgrtrrrrttttt and boing.

That is all.

No, that's not all. There's more:

I always like Gibson humbuckers when they come through my hands. Sometimes they're not quite what I'm looking for, but they never upset me. I've found 3rd party pickup makers offer wider varieties, but that opens the doors to stuff I don't like. I also think that the character of a guitar can jive with some pickups and not others; I've had pups I love in one guitar but find meh in another.

At the moment, I've got old T-tops in my Explorer, and I love those. I have a sneaking suspicion that they're A3, rather than short A5. But I'm very aware that I could get a bunch of money if I move them on, so that's on my mind. I've bought a couple of 490s to try in that guitar, see how different they are.

Pickups are like flavors of ice cream......everybody likes something different.

I'm not gonna try using all the usual buzz words to describe my suggestion, but if you haven't tried an EVH Wolfgang....you should.

Back