Still of the Night

Well that'll work to chase those Christmas song earworms outta my head.

I learned the song a while back, but with the practicing I've been doing, I think I need to try this solo.

Nice job. Tight!

Oh shit. 32nd notes @ 104? NOT happening! Maybe the tab is wrong, and/or I could distill it down to sextuplets...?

How involved is your recording setup to be able to post clips like this?
Quite Simple Insert track, Helix into MOTU M2 no post effects in DAW except some level control
Hit record and play, same as all my other clips, all tones are from Helix Direct most of my patches have Multiple snap shots

Last edited:
did it by ear :idk
Wow!
Songster tabs aren't 100%, but generally very good. The biggest problem I've found is the positions sometimes aren't practical.
Sometimes I'll find a video in which I can tell the guy has it perfect, then I'll compare the 2, and make adjustments.

anyone who attempts this solo should immediately be respected. so many players have tried to do the sykes runs, and only joel hoekstra and doug aldrich have really come close.

even steve vai didn't even come close to getting that down, though i did remember him doing something cool in its place.

mad respect.

anyone who attempts this solo should immediately be respected. so many players have tried to do the sykes runs, and only joel hoekstra and doug aldrich have really come close.

even steve vai didn't even come close to getting that down, though i did remember him doing something cool in its place.

mad respect.
Many many hours spent at slow speed on YouTube trying to get it and I did not succeed at getting it right on :idk
but thank you for the kind words

Back