Step 1 of GAS…. “Research”

6umu69.gif

That was definitely the case at launch. Very uneven quality of the launch models, but most were semi optimistic that plugin porting was soon. Turns out plugs weren’t so soon, but I will give credit to Neural with the post launch models, they have all been really good.

They clearly, imo, half assed some of the launch modeling trying to get it out the door, and we’re fine releasing it in beta status. “Flangerish” (That’s a real model, not a joke) is glaring effect example where they were content to launch with a bonked model. But, they then released a good Digital Flanger later.

The good news is they aren’t missing post launch with their models and features. The bad news being they are still, 18mos later, digging themselves out of the launch hole with such infrequent updates of any meaningful impact.

That was definitely the case at launch. Very uneven quality of the launch models, but most were semi optimistic that plugin porting was soon. Turns out plugs weren’t so soon, but I will give credit to Neural with the post launch models, they have all been really good.

They clearly, imo, half assed some of the launch modeling trying to get it out the door, and we’re fine releasing it in beta status. “Flangerish” (That’s a real model, not a joke) is glaring effect example where they were content to launch with a bonked model. But, they then released a good Digital Flanger later.

The good news is they aren’t missing post launch with their models and features. The bad news being they are still, 18mos later, digging themselves out of the launch hole with such infrequent updates of any meaningful impact.

Megavoicer(Henson), Minivoicer (QC)
Petrucci
Tone King
Rabea Synth
Etc…

I don’t even keep track any more. Did the QC ever get a Matchless? Basically Henson amp 2 in the plugin.

…and

so on and so forth. Still to this date.

Last edited:
Megavoicer(Henson), Minivoicer (QC)
Petrucci
Tone King
Rabea Synth
Etc…

I don’t even keep track any more. Did the QC ever get a Matchless? Basically Henson amp 2 in the plugin.

…and

so on and so forth. Still to this date.

I should have been clear, when I said they “aren’t missing with their post launch models and features” I mean the quality of what they’ve dropped on QC has been really good post launch, (they haven’t released a bad model post launch, relative to the uneven launch content) not that there isn’t missing content or as you are alluding to, the potential conflict of interest between their competing revenue streams.

Back