Speaking of Knaggs

For starters, they wouldn’t let any Mesa tubes be sold for amps out of warranty during the pandemic. Since mesa amps cannot be biased and you must use matched mesa tubes, that effectively left amp owners with no way to replace a tube. Not sure if they’ve lifted that since the great tube shortage of ‘21, but that is right in line with their god awful we dont give a shit service we are used to from gibson. The old Mesa would have NEVER left a customer out to hang like this. Give them time, it took them some time to ruin KRK, they’ll fuck up Mesa just the same.

Hadn't heard about that, but tubes are readily available in their online store. Given the frenzy that was exacerbated by online frenzy it's not that crazy of the move if they temporarily tightened up on their supply while that was sorted, and I'm not buying that it has anything to do for Gibson.

FWIW I've used non mesa tubes in mesa amps for decades without issues, and I know I'm not alone. =C= EL34s (when they were still around) have been a fairly well known secret weapon for Mark V users for ages

But anyway, if thats the best example of gibson "fucking up mesa" then I will continue to roll my eyes at the claim. It's been non stop "gibson is gonna KRK mesa!" doomsaying for 3 years now, and I've yet to see anything even hinting at that being a reality

Hadn't heard about that, but tubes are readily available in their online store. Given the frenzy that was exacerbated by online frenzy it's not that crazy of the move if they temporarily tightened up on their supply while that was sorted, and I'm not buying that it has anything to do for Gibson.

FWIW I've used non mesa tubes in mesa amps for decades without issues, and I know I'm not alone. =C= EL34s (when they were still around) have been a fairly well known secret weapon for Mark V users for ages

But anyway, if thats the best example of gibson "fucking up mesa" then I will continue to roll my eyes at the claim. It's been non stop "gibson is gonna KRK mesa!" doomsaying for 3 years now, and I've yet to see anything even hinting at that being a reality
Maybe they wont, but given their track record, they are really hard to trust, especially when it comes to service after the sale. It is safe to assume they will hurt the name in some way. If they don’t, everyone wins, right? Can you still customize and send your old mesas in for service and revisions? Mesa used to be the king at that. Adding verb or an EQ, was always able to send in your 20 year old amp back to Mesa for a mod. The MKVII looks great, so at least that much is promising.

Maybe they wont, but given their track record, they are really hard to trust, especially when it comes to service after the sale. It is safe to assume they will hurt the name in some way. If they don’t, everyone wins, right? Can you still customize and send your old mesas in for service and revisions? Mesa used to be the king at that. Adding verb or an EQ, was always able to send in your 20 year old amp back to Mesa for a mod. The MKVII looks great, so at least that much is promising.

Yep they still do repairs and modifications on old amps. And I've contacted customer support with fairly mundane questions more than once recently and always get a response (or even a call in some cases) within the same business day

If Fetal Alcohol Syndrome is what you consider good looking, sure. It looks like 2 drunk inbred guitars had a great time 9 months ago and the she of the couple spit this thing out.
Other than the weird "X" inlay on the production guitars - which, btw, is missing on the one in the pic - it is a very nice looking guitar...
I see a case of Internet fuelled meme thought patterns.

Yep they still do repairs and modifications on old amps. And I've contacted customer support with fairly mundane questions more than once recently and always get a response (or even a call in some cases) within the same business day
Yea I just called, myself. Had I have known they’d turn my IIB into a IIC+ I wouldn’t have sold it all those years ago. They did say they’re selective on what mods they still do, but the fact they still do them is very cool, regardless. At any rate, so long as there is 0% gibson in my Mesa, all is right in the world.

Other than the weird "X" inlay on the production guitars - which, btw, is missing on the one in the pic - it is a very nice looking guitar...
I see a case of Internet fuelled meme thought patterns.
If you really liked them, you could have saved a few of them from the bulldozer.

What they should have done is burned Henry at the stake and used these as the stake and more fuel.

The beauty of brands like Knaggs, McNaught, Huber, Briggs, etc. is you don't have to run the racks to find an acoustically killer one.
No way that happens with Fenders, Gibsons, and PRS these days. Not talking cosmetics at all here - just a neck and body that
acoustically rings like crazy with no dead spots. All 3 companies make them but you have to weed them out from the masses.
Even these brands vary in acoustic quality and still need you to audition them.

Those had lead paint, but the story isn't has fun or convenient when all the details are included :cop
A better question is WHY in the hell would any builder be using a paint requiring the need to bulldoze the instruments in the first place? John Suhr Or Joe Knaggs dont use paint they need to bulldoze over later on. They’re guitar builders and take pride in their work.

The answer: Gibson. Gibson Gibsoned and did this. Like I said, if someone wants to buy guitars off an assembly line where decisions are being made by number crunchers who do not even play music, there is a Gibson for you out there. Just dont look at it too closely.

Knaggs doesn’t even make a guitar that’s equivalent to any Gibson. It’s not like they’re pumping out Les Paul clones. What do they have in common? Wood? Dual humbuckers? Binding? Apples to apples dude.
Construction of many is based on Gibson.

A better question is WHY in the hell would any builder be using a paint requiring the need to bulldoze the instruments in the first place? John Suhr Or Joe Knaggs dont use paint they need to bulldoze over later on. They’re guitar builders and take pride in their work.

The answer: Gibson. Gibson Gibsoned and did this. Like I said, if someone wants to buy guitars off an assembly line where decisions are being made by number crunchers who do not even play music, there is a Gibson for you out there. Just dont look at it too closely.
Leo Fender never learned to play.

IIRC it was a paint supplier fuck up. So, not gibson, and their was a recall of the paint, and the guitars had to be destroyed :idk

Construction of many is based on Gibson.
My wife’s Mercedes has 4 wheels. guess she owes Ford some money, or should just buy a Ford if it is all the same? I mean, the Explorer I drove a few days ago I guess had some similarities with an S560. They DO both have a reverse gear, for starters. Hmmmm…….

My wife’s Mercedes has 4 wheels. guess she owes Ford some money, or should just buy a Ford if it is all the same? I mean, the Explorer I drove a few days ago I guess had some similarities with an S560. They DO both have a reverse gear, for starters. Hmmmm…….
Pathetic 🤡

Stop thinking so hard, you’re going to end up bursting a blood vessel.

smoke signals fire GIF by National Geographic Channel

Back