Speaking of Knaggs

On the Mesa service issue. In the uk it was always shit . I used to use Triaxis and when I needed it looking at they quoted me 6 months to send it to the USA because no one had a clue about it. When I said that was unacceptable they said I should have two. In the UK they cost close to double already. I phoned Randall and he recommended a guy that he trusted and would talk to on the phone. Randall was great but this is not exactly the support you need. Marshall will do stuff while you wait if you take it to them and three working days if you don’t. I’m sure you guys in the USA get a lot better.
The other issue is decent tube amp techs are all getting old. Most of the ones I trusted are either retired or dead now.

Last edited:
On the Mesa service issue. In the uk it was always shit . I used to use Triaxis and when I needed it looking at they quoted me 6 months to send it to the USA because no one had a clue about it. When I said that was unacceptable they said I should have two. In the UK they cost close to double already. I phoned Randall and he recommended a guy that he trusted and would talk to on the phone. Randall was great but this is not exactly the support you need. Marshall will do stuff while you wait if you take it to them and three working days if you don’t. I’m sure you guys in the USA get a lot better.
The other issue is decent tube amp techs are all getting old. Most of the ones I trusted are either retired or dead now.

Reputable amp technicians are very hard to come by even in major metropolitan areas of the US. Also, many don't like to work on Mesa amps because they are not designed to be service friendly.

a techs reaction/willingness to work on a Mesa is the best litmus test of whether to bother with them or not, for any amp

So much Knagging in this thread!

72a9ee95ab939ed004d31d5fc3af4f9e.gif

• Haha
Reactions: JT
Back