Some folks DO, while others make clickbait garbage.

The bogren one knob amps, the subject of the videos that triggered everyone
It‘s strange. I like the sound of them in the review videos. But when I tried them myself I found them incredibly dark and boomy. The only one I find usable for my own mixes is the Rev-C.

On the other hand, has anyone actually tried the one knob stuff? It does fit surprisingly easily into a dense mix!
No and I will not if there’s a chance my hard-earned money makes it into the wallet of someone like Glenn Fricker. I just ended a conversation with Artist Relations of Laney. They lost any and all possibility of gaining me as a potential customer.

It‘s strange. I like the sound of them in the review videos. But when I tried them myself I found them incredibly dark and boomy. The only one I find usable for my own mixes is the Rev-C.
Its like that with a lot of the "mix ready" stuff...its boring as all hell to play, often sounds really dull or overly boxy or midrangey. I can't even usually bring myself to record with those sorts of sounds even though I know I'll switch to them in the mix. I know it often freaks the clients out to practice their parts with that sort of sound. My solution is usually to have a HPF/LPF plugin on the track after and bypass it during tracking

Back