Soldano SLO pedal

I'll be curious how it compares against the Friedman BE-OD pedal. I really liked the sound of that but the gain was just too high even when backed all the way off where it didn't sound nearly as good. If it can clean up better, I may be real tempted to run with the Iridium.

Also, I wonder how much of the pedal circuit is shared with the mini amp head? All three of the other heads (Friedman BE, Bogner Ecstacy, Diezel VH4) have pedals...

I wonder how much of the pedal circuit is shared with the mini amp head?
I was wondering the same thing. In fact, when Ola and Jen Majura demo'ed the SLO Mini, they seemed to land on the notion the Mini heads are just pedals in an amp looking box with a built-in amplifier. So, if this pedal is the same as the SLO Mini, I'd likely go with the Mini since it has an FX loop, amp and such... hopeful someone will make a video comparing the two - preferably a metal guitar player, not someone who is obsessed with clean tones.

"For the money, it's a pretty good distortion pedal - with an amplifier in it." Ola Englund.

@2112 dropped a vid on this. Filthy! \m/

Yeah @2112 nailed it. What I appreciate is that he understands the amp, and didn’t GUN every knob. He actually showed a lot of really useful ways to dial it in, and how the knobs interact with each other.

I had very little interest in the pedal but after watch Leon’s video I might be inclined to keep an eye out for one on the used market to try it for myself.

I actually tried this straight into a power amp first but preferred it into the clean TDLX. The EQ really feels comfortable coming from a Hot Rod 50 where you can go from Marshall style thrak through to that sound. That reminds me, I need to get my HR50 back from my buddy who is borrowing it.

Just watched this. SLO pedal seems good, but the Blackstar Amped 1 is the star here, seems like an super usable pedal power amp/backup amp/etc...

Just watched this. SLO pedal seems good, but the Blackstar Amped 1 is the star here, seems like an super usable pedal power amp/backup amp/etc...

The BS does sound really good - too bad it will likely die on you at some random time within the first few years and BS won't stand behind it.

The BS does sound really good - too bad it will likely die on you at some random time within the first few years and BS won't stand behind it.
Strong consumer laws in Europe helps, you effectively have 5 years warranty for product defects. :)

Back