So, When are You MFrs Ready to Give Up?

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe social media services these days might even let you choose from copyright/royalty free songs for your posts.
I'm pretty sure that's right.

Musicians, even amateur hobby-players like me, tend to think in terms of music and songs etc. Naturally.

People posting videos online not wanting to deal with all the grief of "legacy" music protections, just wanting to post their video or thumbnail for their stream or whatever and make it a bit "better" with some muzak (better term folks?) may have different motives. They are not looking to rip anyone off or create a hit song or break into the music scene.

For me, it may be an excuse to spend a (relative) fortune buying recording gear, a Bass or Baritone, drums or a good machine then spend ages trying to come up with something that doesn't sound like anything ever recorded (how do I know every song ever? I don't). But that's a lot of effort if I just want to post a small thing online with some background Muzak without grief.

Convenience rules, most times.

Once it was all digitized and owned by a few corporations, mostly what we get for entertainment are repeats, reboots, remakes, covers and legal actions defending IP. The media is the message and all that. And once people weren't buying physical media, that part of the game changed as well.

Last edited:
Back