So, what do I have to do to fix my SG’s neck dive?

Wider strap.
Ok. I tried a wide strap but for some reason it’s really short. I have no idea if it’s even mine. I can’t tell if the neck dive is mitigated by the wideness of the strap or it is because it’s too short and my right arm is held against the guitar body.

I’ve got your solution @HomespunEffects:

IMG_3114.jpeg

I’ve been gigging an SG Standard. I picked this one specifically because the body was insanely light, and assumed massive neck dive would be an issue. However, I’ve been using the strap shown below and it seems to keep the guitar balanced.

My buddy has an LTD with silly neck dive, he had a buddy who works in a machine shop cut out some metal cavity covers for the back and they actually made a noticeable difference. Just drill a 1/2” hole up the body and shove some nickels up in there.

I am going to dump the locking tuners. They actually suck. There is a lot of slop in them as in when you reverse it takes a bit of a turn for the gear to catch and start moving the peg. Maybe something lighter will help up there.

What are y'all doing to your guitars?!?

I honestly can't remember the last time I broke a string; I change my strings MAYBE once a year; and once setup, my guitars...stay in tune? I bend heavily, but don't have any floating tremolos (and currently don't play my one guitar that does have a decked trem).

Locking tuners are just...unnecessary bulk/mass as far as I'm concerned.

I don’t really want to add weight though. Most of what I like about this SG is that it’s very light.
I didn't want to relocate the back side strap button to the upper horn, so I bought a small wireless pouch and a 1lb soft scuba weight from Amazon, attached the pouch to the strap, and put the weight into the pouch and it sits at the bottom end of the strap. I use this on both a 1995 SG Standard and also a 2015 SG Standard with suede straps and the 1 lb weight and the friction is sufficient to hold the neck at a comfortable angle. The guitars are so light the extrac1 lb is not very noticeable.
Pouch

Weight

What are y'all doing to your guitars?!?

I honestly can't remember the last time I broke a string; I change my strings MAYBE once a year; and once setup, my guitars...stay in tune? I bend heavily, but don't have any floating tremolos (and currently don't play my one guitar that does have a decked trem).

Locking tuners are just...unnecessary bulk/mass as far as I'm concerned.
Nothing to do with string breakage. I don't change strings often, either. But I do prefer a floating trem, and that's where the fixation on tuning stability comes in.

As for unnecessary bulk/mass, the last set of locking tuners I installed were smaller and lighter than the stock machines they replaced. (By no mere coincidence, this was on an SG with excessive neck dive.)

Nothing to do with string breakage. I don't change strings often, either. But I do prefer a floating trem, and that's where the fixation on tuning stability comes in.

As for unnecessary bulk/mass, the last set of locking tuners I installed were smaller and lighter than the stock machines they replaced. (By no mere coincidence, this was on an SG with excessive neck dive.)
I could MAYBE see their use on a heavy-use tremolo guitar...but then, I might just go for a Floyd instead. Ya know...to avoid unnecessary bulk and mass :bonk :bonk :bonk

I could MAYBE see their use on a heavy-use tremolo guitar...but then, I might just go for a Floyd instead. Ya know...to avoid unnecessary bulk and mass :bonk :bonk :bonk
I got away from Floyd's for a few years because I'm too lazy to go looking for a set of tools every time a string needs (not so fine) tuning. In that time, I got pretty adept at setting up floating Strats, etc. to hold their tune. And then I began to appreciate them as being their own thing, as opposed to a compromise vs. playing Floyd's. (Lately I'm married to a FR guitar again, and the wheels keeps turnin' around...)

Simple, winding isn't as easy when your eyesight goes south. Lockers make it ulta simple and even I can see the string made it in the hole.
Interview With The Vampire Television GIF by Anne Rice's Immortal Universe

Back