Small form Delay w/ MIDI?

Watching this video with Pete Celi and my wife called him the Hulu version of Walter White :rofl

DSC03758.jpg

Do you think it's a coincidence that the Blue Sky is colored the same as Breaking Bad's crystal meth?

Walter White I Give Up GIF by Breaking Bad

@2112 are you able to send a Tap command via midi and still retain the cool pitch shifting/oscillations with the Time knob? This is probably the last burning question holding back my finger from the BUY button

DSC03758.jpg

Do you think it's a coincidence that the Blue Sky is colored the same as Breaking Bad's crystal meth?

Walter White I Give Up GIF by Breaking Bad
Turns out I have just enough room for one of those on my peddleberd, too

I'll smoke whatever Hulu Heisenberg is cooking!
giphy.webp

Alexander Pedals Rewind Programmable Echo can use MIDI via its MultiJack port and it's a compact pedal.

• 10 different delay engines: Tape / Analogue / Digital / Pitch / Dual / Diffuse / Reverse / Dynamic / Filter / Lo-Fi
  • 32 selectable presets

539903-Alexander-Pedals-Rewind-Programmable-Echo-Delay-Lifestyle-Right.jpg

@2112 are you able to send a Tap command via midi and still retain the cool pitch shifting/oscillations with the Time knob? This is probably the last burning question holding back my finger from the BUY button

Yeah one of the selling points of the pedal is "artifact free tap tempo" while still being able to use the time knob for spaceship sounds. I'll have a play today with assigning an expression pedal to time and feedback and report back.

Can confirm you can assign an expression pedal (or toggle midi cc's) to make spaceship noises with the delay time

Can confirm you can assign an expression pedal (or toggle midi cc's) to make spaceship noises with the delay time
Thanks for checking it out.. But the core of my original question - what happens when you're tapping tempo via midi and then turning the Time knob? Do you just change note divisions or change actual time?

Thanks for checking it out.. But the core of my original question - what happens when you're tapping tempo via midi and then turning the Time knob? Do you just change note divisions or change actual time?
If you are sending CC 93, then it's the equivalent of "each CC 93 sent = as if you pressed a tap tempo footswitch on a pedal", e.g "send CC 93 twice within timespan X and it will calculate what bpm that translates to". Time knob will adjust actual delay time.

If you are sending MIDI clock with e.g bpm 120, then the Time knob will adjust subdivisions.

That's why earlier in this thread I mentioned you could send MIDI clock bpm 120 to set it to a precise value, then stop sending MIDI clock and it should revert to default Time knob functionality.

Ah yep, my bad. The pedal needs to be in tap mode (press and hold bypass switch for a few seconds) in order to change tap tempo subdivisions. So you can tap tempo via midi yet still have the time control change the time in ms.

Back