Single Malt Scotch ?

ManWithGas

Roadie
I'm a fan of Single Malt Scotch in the cooler months and of course (a lot of) BEER in the hotter summer months. :beer

Everyone has a different palate so I'd be interesting to see if anyone here is into it too.

If so, let's have your opinions. :popcorn

For me, these are the usual suspects I drink.

1667596893384.png

1667596977277.png

1667597014613.png

1667597047970.png

If I ever, which is rare, have a Bourbon I drink this green label one as it's MUCH different and BETTER than the red/orange label paint stripper version. There's NO comparison. A good drink for NOT much money.

1667597182157.png

Lagavulin.

First couple of times I hated it, because it is so extremely peaty. Like a bonfire in your mouth.

Lagavulin is my favourite now; has been for years. Funny how it's often the ones that grow on you over time that become the favourites.

I picked up a few bottles of Tobermory from the distillery there a couple of decades ago - I like that too. Much more of a gentle mellow vibe with that one.

Last edited:
Lagavulin.

First couple of times I hated it, because it is so extremely peaty. Like a bonfire in your mouth.

Lagavulin is my favourite now; has been for years. Funny how it's often the ones that grow on you over time that become the favourites.

I picked up a few bottles of Tobermoray from the distillery a couple of decades ago - I like that too. Much more of a gentle mellow vibe with that one.
Shite - I too LOVE Lagavulin and left it off by MISTAKE! Yes, REALLY peaty but once you're in you're stuck for LIFE! :beer

DC9E214D-9A5B-46DF-B152-88BA5BAA33CE.jpeg

I’m primarily a bourbon drinker, but I do like a good scotch.

My current favorites and frequent picks are:
- Scotch: Macallan 12 and Glenlivet 18
- Bourbon: Colonel Taylor Small Batch, Angel’s Envy, (and a newfound favorite) Rabbit Hole

The Macallan, that is all.
I thought for a while that I didn’t like Scotch. Turned out I was just trying cheap or crappy scotch. Then a friend poured The Macallan 18 for me and I was like DAMN! I do like Scotch! Of course, I couldn’t justify paying for the 18 but bought a bottle of 12 year. Still great - okay I like scotch. As long as it’s good scotch, lol. So that pulled me in…

The Macallan, that is all.
For me The Macallan is way over-rated. I say this given how much it costs it really is not a unique drop to me.
I haven't had the 18 so I don't about that aged drop.

Blindfolded I can pick Glenmorangie and Glenlivet 12, The Macallan is sort of bland.....like Glenfiddich and even Highland Park 12.

Of course, I would wash it down like water if it was half the price but for the money it costs I give it the big miss.

Neil Peart is probably looking down at me right now cursing me. Just because he sings about The Big Money doesn't mean I have it for The Macallan like he DID. :rofl (y):rofl(y):rofl

If drinking the 12yr Mac, I prefer the Sherry Oak Cask. Straight, no ice, maybe with a Padron maduro or a Vegas Robaina, when I can get them. Not overly smokey, sweet and spicy, almost fruity at times. But much like Fireproof, I much prefer a bourbon, the wife favors scotch. Of her favorites, I like Macallan the best.

Back