Show me your #1 and tell me why

Numbers 2 and 1 respectively. They both play and sound amazing. Bridge is blocked and has a D-Tuna on the Charvel, also push-pull coil tap on the volume. Bridge is floating on the Ibanez. Hopefully not too much dog slobber on them :p

Hmm, photo is a bit blurry and the lighting sucks. Lol. Sounds like describing my brain today...

:DView attachment 15807

That Ibanez with the maple neck is :chef.

Same opinion here, is that an RG652?

I did have one of those on my GAS list, BUT, I borrowed a friend on mine's, and the neck is actually wider than my old RG, which, I don't even play much at all, so, I had to drop it off my list. :(

Same opinion here, is that an RG652?

I did have one of those on my GAS list, BUT, I borrowed a friend on mine's, and the neck is actually wider than my old RG, which, I don't even play much at all, so, I had to drop it off my list. :(
Yes RG652AHM... I got it 2 years after I got a DK24 that I tried to love but ultimately was pretty disappointed with. The Ibanez has been pretty much the perfect guitar for me, so it worked out ok :)

Interesting on the neck width, I never really thought about it. Maybe it's the binding? I have a couple 540 S guitars from the late 80's, and the one with the binding is a bit wider than the one without...

I never intended this to be my main, but after some small modifications and finding the Fishman KSE set worked really well in this guitar, it is the main riff master! Simple and not super aesthetic...

I have much more expensive and "mojo" baked guitars that I have had for many years, but this thing just hits! and to think I was going to sell this at one point!

IMG_5688.JPG
IMG_5690.JPG
IMG_5691.JPG

I never intended this to be my main, but after some small modifications and finding the Fishman KSE set worked really well in this guitar, it is the main riff master! Simple and not super aesthetic...

I have much more expensive and "mojo" baked guitars that I have had for many years, but this thing just hits! and to think I was going to sell this at one point!

View attachment 15815View attachment 15816View attachment 15817
Interesting tuning pegs!

This one has been getting quite a bit of play time lately.

unnamed (1).jpg

This one has also been getting a good bit of play time.

fcc38b957c95df653edab7b13443d98181b0eca6.jpg

I go through cycles of playing one or two for a good while then I will gravitate to a couple of my other guitars for a bit. I will also go through cycles of playing my single cut guitars more. It is good to have options. :)

This thread has made me realize I don't have a true No.1. :idk Haven't had a #1 since I was
a teen/young adult and had only one guitar.

You know how they say you revert back to your youth as you get older? I think that's where I'm at. Just now took the multi scale 7 string out for a spin for the first time since getting the Kenai and it lasted less than 5 minutes. This would be the first time I'm down to one guitar since me, the wife, and kids flew from back east out here in 1997.

My #1 is my PRS McCarty 594 HBII Wood Library! It is #1 because it plays like a dream and I can wear it for many hours (5.6lbs) with zero negative side effects ;~)) Easy on the eyes as well but that is not what makes it my #1!!

HBII_HoormanGitfiddle_2021May13.jpg

Back