Shout out to Aperio Guitars

Baba

Shredder
Just got my ESP EC-1000T back from him, for a stainless steel refret. His work is impeccable, and his communication is 2nd to none. He provided multiple pics of the guitar when it arrived and pics of the process.

I traded for this guitar at the end of 2021 from Craigslist, it's a 2020 model, and according to ESP, all 1000T's built from 2021 and forward, have SS frets, which means mine did not, (which I knew it didn't), but for me, SS is king these days, so, rather than buy another 1000, (I probably still will anyway :LOL: ), or sell this one, I decided to meet in the middle, and MAKE IT a 2021+ model with an SS refret.

The guitar was already a keeper, and became my #1, and I wasn't having any fret troubles yet, but there were some divots forming, and I'm just all about SS these days, and have a few other guitars with SS frets, so, boom.

He does this by appointment only, and appointments are about 6 months into the future, as of now, so, if you want anything done, book it NOW. It takes a week. I have another appointment in May, need to decide which neck I'm sending him then.

Just got my ESP EC-1000T back from him, for a stainless steel refret. His work is impeccable, and his communication is 2nd to none. He provided multiple pics of the guitar when it arrived and pics of the process.

I traded for this guitar at the end of 2021 from Craigslist, it's a 2020 model, and according to ESP, all 1000T's built from 2021 and forward, have SS frets, which means mine did not, (which I knew it didn't), but for me, SS is king these days, so, rather than buy another 1000, (I probably still will anyway :LOL: ), or sell this one, I decided to meet in the middle, and MAKE IT a 2021+ model with an SS refret.

The guitar was already a keeper, and became my #1, and I wasn't having any fret troubles yet, but there were some divots forming, and I'm just all about SS these days, and have a few other guitars with SS frets, so, boom.

He does this by appointment only, and appointments are about 6 months into the future, as of now, so, if you want anything done, book it NOW. It takes a week. I have another appointment in May, need to decide which neck I'm sending him then.

If you don’t mind me asking, what’s he charging for an SS re-fret? I’ve got two necks I need re-fretted and have a guy local to me that will do it, but I’m always open to others with great reviews. Also, where is located?

If you don’t mind me asking, what’s he charging for an SS re-fret? I’ve got two necks I need re-fretted and have a guy local to me that will do it, but I’m always open to others with great reviews. Also, where is located?
He is in Lawrenceville Georgia. My total invoice was $412.68, which included the shipping back to me, the refret, and a setup.

Aperio refretted my Vigier Shawn Lane with stainless.

He did an AMAZING job.

I highly recommend them!
Or maybe that’s why the high E was too close to the edge of the fingerboard, over beveled fret and the loss of material. This might explain why nobody else has this problem with Vigier.

Yes, the high fret ends WERE overbeveled.

There are three other people who are shredders like me, and all had the same problem.

The semi-famous YouTube virtuoso Marshall Harrison and I had a conversation about why he rarely uses his Vigier, and he had the same issue— high E falls off the fretboard when playing arpeggios high up in the fretboard register.

The guitar itself is INCREDIBLE, but their fret jobs are puzzlingly poor.

Compare them to Michael Tuttle for example, whose fret jobs are immaculate.

For $3600 I expect a damn good fret job.

Even $1000 Ibanez guitars had a better fret job.

:/

I've heard VERY good things about Aperio's fretwork. I have a LOT of necks that could use that love. Deciding whether it's worth it and not just selling to buy other somethings with SS frets is another rabbithole entirely.

Old thread, started by me, BUT, I just got my Godin neck back from Aperio, (it was my 2nd neck/guitar I sent to him), again, stellar work, AND, this guitar actually now plays BETTER than it did before I sent it, because he replaced the nut, and much to my surprise, it was cut BETTER than the original factory nut.

On the factory nut, the higher strings were cut a little too "low", so this guitar had a REALLY narrow sweet spot, where it was "just right" for me (REALLY low action with minimal buzz), and it was very hard to get this guitar into that sweet spot. I only sent him the neck, and when I put it back on the guitar, I was able to actually lower my action a bit, whereas, had I done that before I sent it to him, it would have been buzz-city.

Back