Share your IRs

James Freeman

Rock Star
Here's my IRs:

Don't mind the fancy blog thing, I just wanted to store them on the internet where I have control.
I've got more mics recently and might experiment with different capturing technique.
I still want to obtain a Marshall 1960B 4x12 and redo the whole thing.

edit:
Or just share links to free IRs you find on the internet.
No piracy please.

edit2:
If you have special capturing technique or tips, do share them with us.

Last edited:
This is actually what I wanted to ask you! What software are you using? I've captures IRs with the Axe-Fx, but those aren't WAV files. I'm trying to navigate Room EQ Wizard, but I can't figure it out.

Awesome!! Thanks!

I‘ve only tried shooting my own once, for about 5 minutes. I just wanted to see how the process worked with the AxeFX. It’s much easier than I was anticipating, the hard part is shooting one that sounds good!

When I’m being less-than-lazy, I’ll do it up again and actually go for results. I’ve got those WGS Retro 30’s and the Black Shadows, neither of which I’ve come across IR’s for. I think I saw some Black Shadows somewhere along the way but for some reason didn’t pick them up. If I’m going to have my live rig set up ”appropriately”, I’ll need IR’s of my actual cabs to give FOH.

This is actually what I wanted to ask you! What software are you using? I've captures IRs with the Axe-Fx, but those aren't WAV files. I'm trying to navigate Room EQ Wizard, but I can't figure it out.
99% of the time I'm creating IRs I'm using FreeFormEQ and Pink Noise.
Using MeldaProduction MFreeformEqualizer I tone match a flat curve (pink noise) to the measured one (cab+mic), and export an IR in my DAW.

Here's my IRs:

Don't mind the fancy blog thing, I just wanted to store them on the internet where I have control.
I've got more mics recently and might experiment with different capturing technique.
I still want to obtain a Marshall 1960B 4x12 and redo the whole thing.

edit:
Or just share links to free IRs you find on the internet.
No piracy please.

edit2:
(It’s not the cab that resonates at 95Hz, it’s the room.)

HE'S HERE

0aLE1jo.jpg

The measured electrical impedance of this cab has a low frequency resonance peak at 95Hz.
Internal volume is big compared to the moving cone area.
:geek:
Ah, that's what you meant, gotcha. Just wanted to clarify there's no resonant amplitude peak in the low end of guitar cabs, at the resonant frequency or otherwise.

I figured out how to get Room EQ Wizard to export a useable IR. It’s a pretty quick process, once I figured out what to do. I’ll mess around with it a bit more and post some stuff. I captured two Mesa Widebody 1x12s, and I think they sound OK, if not a bit boomy.

I wouldn't mind learning how to make IR's. I'm pretty sure I got enough gear to make them I just need some simple instructions lol. Is one platform (Mac/PC) easier or better to make them with?

Back