Satchel's Rig Rundown, touring an AmpliFire 3

I grew up with the Cavalera brothers ( I am originally from Brazil) and we're still good friends... so every single time I talk to one them I have to say "here comes the fathers of nu metal" and it pisses them off to no end lol
Root Bloody Roots (and Chaos AD for that matter) are such a giant fuck you to fans of Schizophrenia, Beneath the Remains, and Arise. Those three albums are some of my top of the pile favorite thrash albums. Imagine buying most of their albums at the time, listening in order, and getting to Chaos AD and then Roots Bloody Roots. "Maybe Max leaving will revitalize the group." Then... "Wow, just fuck these albums." Anything after Arise is not worth a shit (at least to my knowledge; there might be some of the newer ones with Green or whatever his name is that are more appealing to thrash fans; I don't know).

Root Bloody Roots (and Chaos AD for that matter) are such a giant f**k you to fans of Schizophrenia, Beneath the Remains, and Arise. Those three albums are some of my top of the pile favorite thrash albums. Imagine buying most of their albums at the time, listening in order, and getting to Chaos AD and then Roots Bloody Roots. "Maybe Max leaving will revitalize the group." Then... "Wow, just f**k these albums." Anything after Arise is not worth a s**t (at least to my knowledge; there might be some of the newer ones with Green or whatever his name is that are more appealing to thrash fans; I don't know).
I like these albums but I'm biased. We all grew up in the same scene and under awful conditions. It was like...one of the bands owned only one amp, the other band only owned a drum kit etc so we had to get 4-5 bands together to have a full set of gear for everyone. We used to make demos by taping a boombox to the ceiling of the practice room lol
Not to mention the first years (until 85) were under full blown military dictatorship so playing that stuff could literally land us (well our parents) in jail.
So lots of history there and what these guys accomplished from where they/we came from is crazy. Kiko (Megadeth) is also from that same scene and a good friend as well.

Chaos AD and Roots were both awesome. Just different. Certainly Nu in the case of Roots.
After Arise, both albums were total horse shit. They were not awesome then, and aren't now. It pisses me off they shit canned what they had on those three albums to put out two groove/nu metal records that are as dull as mud.

Yeah, it did the back stroke in your mom's pussy juices!
(C'mon, look at the thread topic. Sheesh!)

JFC what is wrong with you??

sassy bird GIF

After Arise, both albums were total horse s**t. They were not awesome then, and aren't now. It pisses me off they s**t canned what they had on those three albums to put out two groove/nu metal records that are as dull as mud.
It's funny what we latch on to and defend or hate :rofl we are debating artistic integrity in Sepultura while I stick up for Limp Bizkit and you talk about KISS

I like these albums but I'm biased. We all grew up in the same scene and under awful conditions. It was like...one of the bands owned only one amp, the other band only owned a drum kit etc so we had to get 4-5 bands together to have a full set of gear for everyone. We used to make demos by taping a boombox to the ceiling of the practice room lol
Not to mention the first years (until 85) were under full blown military dictatorship so playing that stuff could literally land us (well our parents) in jail.
So lots of history there and what these guys accomplished from where they/we came from is crazy. Kiko (Megadeth) is also from that same scene and a good friend as well.
No offense is intended here, but giving up the thrash stuff they were doing for bland, run of the mill 90s American "metal" was awful. At least the one Cavalera Conspiracy album and a later Soulfly album were decent. They used to be the perfect evolution and answer to the big 4.

They started the band in the early 00's as Metal Skool, I was in LA back then so I've known these guys since then. It seems like 80s glam rock has been seeing a bit of a renewed interest lately, but back then, the only way to play this kind of music was to do it as a joke. So that's what they did and it worked.

All these guys are seriously great musicians though. And really good guys too boot. I'd like to see a "serious" record by them one day, that would be cool. Although it's debatable if this style of music was ever serious to begin with. It's always been tongue in cheek for the most part... But their jokes don't bother me, especially since the musicianship behind more than makes up for it.
Seems like someone missed Sleeze Rock, Hardcore Superstar and endless nights of sold out 50,000 person festivals 2005-2015

Seems like someone missed Sleeze Rock, Hardcore Superstar and endless nights of sold out 50,000 person festivals 2005-2015

I didn't miss anything, I know everything you just mentioned really well. But in Los Angeles in the early 00s these bands were not popular. Legacy bands yes, kinda. But the new ones at the time like Vains of Jenna, Santa Cruz etc no not really. Not in that area. I was there.
Metal Skool was drawing a full house because their shtick caught the public attention. They were even given a residency at the Key Club being the first band of that style to have a residence in the strip since the 80s.

Anyway, whatever carry on with the bashing.. I'm out

Last edited:
So wait, has Steel Panther reached the level of John Mayer on TheOtherPlaceTM yet? :LOL:

What I’ve found funny about them being on AGT is the people coming out with “Why are they up there? Isn’t that for undiscovered talent or people without management/agents?”

Meanwhile there’s teams of people bringing elaborate stage productions from other countries or even the US where there’s clearly a shitload of money behind it and there’s been performers who have been touring doing their thing well before their AGT appearances, Puddles Pity Party, Tapeface, etc. (Love Puddles Pity Party….who I believe is a Mastodon fan)

Back