Rivollta Guitars discontinued sale

gearJunkie

Shredder
The lower-cost siblings from Dennis Fano / Novo

This one is on it's way
Combi2_25ba28ec-bc83-41c5-bf9e-fc7ae2b6ed78.jpg

The brand name was a big marketing mistake.

:unsure:
Really, I thought the whole idea was not going to work. These are niche designs with limited appeal then they charge a large premium for a budget quality product. They are only going to work high end and then they have to be great quality .

I thought these always looked cool, but I agree with Eagle that they didn't seem quite right for the price.

I thought these always looked cool, but I agree with Eagle that they didn't seem quite right for the price.
Yes I think they are about twice as expensive as regular design equivalent guitars from other less fashion brands. That spells end after an initial burst of the five people that wanted a Nova but could never justify the price bought them.

Dusenberg have made this work by telling everyone that their cheap guitars are in fact "quality" and spent years preventing people finding out the very budget origin. Hiding behind slogans like "proudly strung up in Germany (usually) ". :rofl

It's nothing permanent from what I can understand. Just model year liquidation. Pretty normal stuff.

1000001316.jpg

Impressive build quality. Flawless finish, binding, and inlay work. Lightweight chambered mahogany body and cap with 25" scale maple set neck.

Alnico 5 P90's sound great and are higher output than I expected. Volume and tone pots feel like quality components and the 3 way switch works exceptionally well, although I need to get used to its angle of operation.

Comparing it to my 2 other Korean made guitars (JTV59, BCR Mockingbird), the Rivollta surpasses them in every way.

Action, nut height, and intonation are spot on, and the non-locking tuners are smooth with insignificant backlash.

It doesn't feel or sound like any of my Novo guitars. It reminds me most of my PRS S2 Vela in feel, sound, and quality.

The soft case is nothing special.

Last edited:
Back