Reminder- Stay Safe At Gigs

TSJMajesty

Rock Star
Not sure what I was watching, but the Station Fire came up in my feed. I've watched this tragedy a few times over the years, yet it never fails to leave a profound impact on me.

Hopefully lessons have been learned, but even after this happened, there have been others, with even more deaths.

It's been a little over 20 years, but I thought it would be good to post a reminder for all of us who still attend live shows, or gig, especially at these small clubs: Be aware of what's going on. Know where the exits are. And make sure your shows are safe.

Not sure what I was watching, but the Station Fire came up in my feed. I've watched this tragedy a few times over the years, yet it never fails to leave a profound impact on me.

Hopefully lessons have been learned, but even after this happened, there have been others, with even more deaths.

It's been a little over 20 years, but I thought it would be good to post a reminder for all of us who still attend live shows, or gig, especially at these small clubs: Be aware of what's going on. Know where the exits are. And make sure your shows are safe.
An old friend of mine was the drummer for that gig (Eric Powers)! Luckily he survived!! I just interacted with him on FB about a month ago for the first time in 5 years or so!!! He is doing well living and bangin' drums in Music City ;~))

We had the Ghost Ship warehouse catch fire and kill over 30 people a few years back. Ever since then they've been shutting down DIY venues left and right.

I stopped a fire at the DIY venue I lived at. Someone stuck a lit cigarette in a hole in the wall outside and part of the wall started smoldering.

Even the legit clubs out here lack proper fire exits for a packed room of people.

Back