Reinhold on Tone Talk ?

GTR37

Shredder
Was watching the show last night and there was a question about Bogner coming on and Dave just kind of looked uncomfortable and said ya well ya know probably not anytime soon and Marc chimed in with probably never , let’s just say never

I wonder if anyone has heard as I thought RB and Dave were close friends was there a falling out ?
I don’t watch every tone talk episode so not sure if anyone else maybe has the scoop on why he won’t come on

Also regarding modellers obviously Dave pushed the IR X but I was shocked that he chose NDSP as the best sounding box out at the moment

I don’t know about any falling out, but from all I’ve ever been told about Reinhold he’s an eccentric wildcard. Like the kind where you meet up for a beer after work on a Tuesday and then wake up in a third world country two weeks later and find out the Russian mafia is after you, have an absurd craving for whippets and you now have a full body tattoo with zero memory of how any of it happened.

I don’t know about any falling out, but from all I’ve ever been told about Reinhold he’s an eccentric wildcard. Like the kind where you meet up for a beer after work on a Tuesday and then wake up in a third world country two weeks later and find out the Russian mafia is after you, have an absurd craving for whippets and you now have a full body tattoo with zero memory of how any of it happened.
Lol kind of like the Hangover in real life
I am thinking maybe based on the fact he has not updated his website in a decade maybe he is just not a big techie and have no interest in doing a 2 hour Zoom call

Was watching the show last night and there was a question about Bogner coming on and Dave just kind of looked uncomfortable and said ya well ya know probably not anytime soon and Marc chimed in with probably never , let’s just say never

I wonder if anyone has heard as I thought RB and Dave were close friends was there a falling out ?
I don’t watch every tone talk episode so not sure if anyone else maybe has the scoop on why he won’t come on

Also regarding modellers obviously Dave pushed the IR X but I was shocked that he chose NDSP as the best sounding box out at the moment

Why not just shut the fuck up and take a pass on what he clearly knows little about.... or just has a beef
and is not completely unbiased in relation towards. :idk

Dave. He should just recuse himself from comment about "digital" and "modelling." :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: JT
I'd love to hear Reinhold go off. I am sure it would be very entertaining.
dance party snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Playing to tracks should violate the fundamental tenets
The exception is someone like Devin Townsend, whose music is so full of instrumentation that it isn’t always financially viable to tour with a dozen or more musicians.

He got pretty close with his Empath tour, but he’d have to have an entire orchestra and choir in order to fully recreate his album recordings live.

The exception is someone like Devin Townsend, whose music is so full of instrumentation that it isn’t always financially viable to tour with a dozen or more musicians.

He got pretty close with his Empath tour, but he’d have to have an entire orchestra and choir in order to fully recreate his album recordings live.

I think it’s safe to say everyone agrees that route is fine, save for the outlier in Blabbermouth comments that‘s so trve he thinks double tracking guitars is cheating.

This is the shit I’m not a fan of. I saw these guys open for someone else a few years back, I was a decent distance from the stage but something wasn’t looking right and the closer I got to the stage the more I realized how low the live guitars were in the mix in comparison to the tracks. This isn’t that show, but it’s a good example of what I’m talking about. There’s only one guitarist onstage and a whole lot of guitars coming out that PA!

Their bass player is known for doing 360 spins holding his bass horizontally….dude is astounding at still playing perfectly in time when doing so, even when he’s not hitting the strings!

Dave Probably mentioned the QC as best because it's the Worse sounding Friedman Model and hence therefore justifies spending money on the "real thing"

:farley
I actually liked the Freidman models in the NDSP I thought it sounded killer the HBE did
That said we do have to give some context

Dave said the NDSP sounded really good but he was talking about captures

He is also selling the IRX and it’s no surprise he loves tubes

It’s very hard to judge Fractal IMO because it’s such a moving target
Look at how much Cliff has added just in the last month
So which version on the firmware is he talking and when was the last time he played one , if it was like a year ago it is not a very valid argument as the Axe improves so much and in such short time

Back