Quilter & Neunaber joining forces

jellodog

Rock Star
Quilter Labs and Neunaber have announced that they are joining forces.

I'm looking forward to what they come up with. I have a lot of time for Pat Quilter; He has answered my questions personally a number of times via email. Lovely guy.

They both bring something to the table that the other doesn't.

Would be great succession planning for Pat too. I wonder if there's half an eye on that. Can't remember how old he is, but he's something like 75? He retired once already!

So is it going to be Quilter amps with Neunaber effects? Some interesting possibilities indeed.

Not sure. But it _is_ very interesting for sure.

One thing I thought could have been improved with past Quilter amps was the reverb. I've owned 3 Quilters, so I think that's a fair assessment based upon experience. The reverb wasn't terrible, but it could have been improved. If Neunaber even added their reverb algorithms to a Quilter device, that would be awesome.

And then Quilter has the power amp that Neunaber doesn't have, even though Neunaber produced the Neuron preamp, which is supposedly quite good, although I've never played with it personally. Some of that Neuron preamp / gain tech composed with the Quilter tech could be pretty awesome.

I remember Pat said online one time during a particularly bad parts shortage "Anyone that has some of those SPIN chips, please let us know" or something to that effect.

How to solve the 'no reverb chip' problem? Team up with a reverb company!
Makes sense to me. :geek:

Yes, I'm thinking that Neunaber maybe has bigger sway in the hardware game to secure some of this stuff versus Quilter.
Course, that's me assuming that Neunaber sells more product than Quilter's guitar amp business, but this is just spitballing anyway. :unsure:

Yes, I'm thinking that Neunaber maybe has bigger sway in the hardware game to secure some of this stuff versus Quilter.
Course, that's me assuming that Neunaber sells more product than Quilter's guitar amp business, but this is just spitballing anyway. :unsure:
Given that the press release states one of the benefits of the partnership is "
  • Wider Domestic and Worldwide Distribution of Neunaber Products"
I doubt that.

Would be great succession planning for Pat too. I wonder if there's half an eye on that.
Doesn't really sound like it? "In a statement, Brian Neunaber said, “I started Neunaber Audio to design products that I am truly passionate about, but ultimately, operating a business didn’t leave much time for that. By partnering with Quilter Labs, I can return to what I love doing and enable new opportunities for my team. I’ve known Pat and Chris for many years, and I feel that we have similar sensibilities in our approaches to design, marketing and management. When I decided to find someone to assume operations of Neunaber Audio so that I could return to full-time product development, Quilter Labs was top of mind. Fortunately, they were also looking for someone like me to expand their design team.”"

Back