Question About Gain Vs. Overdrive on 'Tone' Page of Fractal...

TSJMajesty

Rock Star
..., in particular, wrt Mesa amps. Mesa's don't have an 'Overdrive' knob. It's: BMT, Presence, Gain, Master.

So say I wanted to dial in a Mk V using a certain <cough cough> player's knob settings, how should I deal with that Overdrive knob?

I think this is what confused people with the Mark V models and there was confusion if Cliff meant Mark IV when they were first added. The Mark IV has both a gain and drive knob while the Mark V does not.

So unfortunately with how FAS has the Mark V options setup, I don't think you'll be able to do an easy 1:1

Wouldn't you just stay on the "Tone" page in edit if you only want the controls of the real thing?

I think this is what confused people with the Mark V models and there was confusion if Cliff meant Mark IV when they were first added. The Mark IV has both a gain and drive knob while the Mark V does not.

So unfortunately with how FAS has the Mark V options setup, I don't think you'll be able to do an easy 1:1
I imagine I can dig into the Wiki, or ask over at FAS, but figured someone here might know how to treat that knob, wrt wanting to use those controls like on the real amp.

And, it's the same thing with the Rectos and JPIIC.

So switching 'Tone Control Display' to "Authentic", under Global Settings removes that Overdrive knob entirely. As in, it's not on any other page (this is still on the unit itself.)

But wouldn't it still be at whatever setting it was at? Iow, if I want the amp to act as close to the IRL, what should I do with that knob?

I just checked on my front panel.......no overdrive knob

Edit: Yes cross-posting lol.......I am on "Authentic" yes.........

So switching 'Tone Control Display' to "Authentic", under Global Settings removes that Overdrive knob entirely. As in, it's not on any other page (this is still on the unit itself.)

But wouldn't it still be at whatever setting it was at? Iow, if I want the amp to act as close to the IRL, what should I do with that knob?
DON'T TOUCH IT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AND ALL THAT OTHER BOLLOCKS

I believe the actual amps (mk V, JP2C?) still have a thingie in the circuit that is simply pre set for you. It's just possible to adjust it in the Fractal should you choose to do so.

Back