PRS CU24 Pickup Changing Time - Help?

That doesn't sound right. I have two guitars with 85/15s in them, and though they are bright pickups they're definitely not shrill, and not lacking in bottom end.
Everyone hears differently. To me they have absolutely no bottom end and the highs are just totally off. I've tweaked height and pole pieces, never really changes. They just aren't for me.

Gah. I was originally planning on the Mojotone Hellbenders, lol, but never heard a good demo of them. I have Mojotone Tomahawks in the DW CE24, and they are great (just not for some reason in D).
Sounds like you need my card?
Be quick though, @Iron1 will max it out soon enough.

FUYZZYEXPRESS.png

That DiMarzio combo could work well. If not the SD maybe try a Super 3 or Tone Zone in the bridge, if you feel the guitar is too bright? I also like the Duncan Custom bridge and 59 neck combo for filling out my Cu24. Not sure if those are options.

The SD laughs at resonant peaks or dips. :grin

Seriously though, pickup swaps are never a guarantee, but I've gotten to the point where I trust myself and my judgement. If I can spread a bit of that insight it makes me feel good to share. But yeah there are 1000's of pickups that'll 'work'.

Huh? I've got to the point where all of my "experience" has led me to not trust PU Swaps one little bit.

:rofl

Not discounting your judgment or experience either. I guess I just look at it.... or uhmmm.... hear it
differently.

Just a lot of tonal tail-chasing in my past that I have not recovered from just yet. I guess. :idk

:beer

I will be honest with you....when I had my Custom 24 Floyds, the PRS \m/ pickups were fantastic. I changed nothing out when I had those.

SDs can be a little honky in the Mids and can get a tad mushy under a lot of gain. To me.

It also might work amazingly well. :idk
I've pondered just about every damn pickup there is. SD Custom is one I was leaning towards for my 594, it's a highly regarded one and I can understand why @greatmutah would bring it up.
I will be honest with you....when I had my Custom 24 Floyds, the PRS \m/ pickups were fantastic. I changed nothing out when I had those.
I know, another one I considered, but I'm simply afraid of any PRS pickup, all the ones I've tried have an odd eq to them.

@la szum just has me hmmmm'ing the whole plan now lol.

I've pondered just about every damn pickup there is. SD Custom is one I was leaning towards for my 594, it's a highly regarded one and I can understand why @greatmutah would bring it up.

I know, another one I considered, but I'm simply afraid of any PRS pickup, all the ones I've tried have an odd eq to them.

@la szum just has me hmmmm'ing the whole plan now lol.

Don't listen to me I suggested Barney to @Iron1 and Barney died in transit.

RIP Barney. :(

Dance Dancing GIF by Mola TV Kids

Seriously, though. Knowing what you kind of like, and what you are aiming for,
as well as some of the drop tunings you go for, I am suspicious that the SD would
get you where you want to go---especially if the CU24 is already a bit bright and
thin sounding to you. I do not believe the SD is going to give your girl more ass. :idk

I do think the SD is an iconic pickup and it does a thing. Just not entirely convinced
it is the thing you want or are looking for.

Sorry for being cursed with this opinion. :hugitout

Have you tried the Tremonti Sig Pickups?

Don't listen to me I suggested Barney to @Iron1 and Barney died in transit.

RIP Barney. :(

Dance Dancing GIF by Mola TV Kids

Seriously, though. Knowing what you kind of like, and what you are aiming for,
as well as some of the drop tunings you go for, I am suspicious that the SD would
get you where you want to go---especially if the CU24 is already a bit bright and
thin sounding to you. I do not believe the SD is going to give your girl more ass. :idk

I do think the SD is an iconic pickup and it does a thing. Just not entirely convinced
it is the thing you want or are looking for.

Sorry for being cursed with this opinion. :hugitout

Have you tried the Tremonti Sig Pickups?
I'm very appreciative of everyone's help! Haven't considered the tremonti, figuring they were more for single cuts, plus the PRS eq factor hangs in the balance.

Maybe BKP Holy Diver?

$80 new for an SD? I think you have to try it. :idk That is a PU that will come up again
and again..... because it is so iconic. If it doesn't work in the CU24 it would be nice to have
around as you go through another dozen guitars. :LOL:

The most common 80s combos were two dimarzio super distortions and the Duncan jb jazz/ 59 pair . Later the paf pro was given a huge boost by the jem777 but still nothing like as common.