Power Supply

That's impressive!

The Price is Right but the plug is wrong 🇺🇸

Get one of the "AC" HB versions then - they take an IEC cable and plug directly into the mains, so you can plug in a US IEC cable and you're done.

Here's the 10 outlet version: https://harleybenton.com/product/powerplant-iso-10ac-pro/

I have the 5 outlet version which I've used in Canada for the past 3 years (Powering both high ampage (UAFX) and high voltage tube pedals) and it's been great. Chunky though!

Yes, there is more than one pedalboard in this house 😅

Last edited:
Yes. Thing with the 1 Spot pro is the whole line, each tap; is supposed to be limited only by total current limit.

Oh, that's quite interesting, Thomann's page doesn't mention it, though. Wondering how they pull that off with isolated outs, too. And maybe it's the very reason why you need a current doubler for the Stomp - I could sort of imagine that "balancing" things out might take too much time when the Stomp is booting already.

Seriously, IMO all HB PSUs are performing way above their price league since years. Started with the Power Plant Junior, which, all of a sudden and quite surprisingly, came with isolated outs, integrated main PSU and is performing rock solid for years. All ratings one can find are overwhelmingly positive, too.

Uhm - why don't they have that version at Thomann? Way better than the wallwart PSU I have to use.

They don't? That's a real shame.

Thomann is where I got my 5 outlet version from; Amazing price! I thought they had the 10 outlet version at one time. Weird.

The reason I also bought a Cioks was because I needed a slim PSU to fit into a tight space; otherwise, I would have no hesitation in buying more of the HB PSUs - really good (as you know!).

Last edited:
Ok, hold on folks, my apologies. The two are pretty different, as it seems (didn't look at first as they seemed identical) and the one jellodog posted is available at Thomann by now as well (could be that they added it only recently).
(Edit: No, it's not added recently - grrrrr, how did I miss that one?!?)
I think I'd defenitely go for the AC model, also comes with a USB out, something I actually need for the mini mixer on my board (abused a car cigarette lighter adapter...). And it provides more high current outlets, so in case you need them for digital devices, that should be a better choice, too.

Last edited:
Getting even better reviews, too... maaaaan, I remember spending hours looking for a PS, apparently option paralysis found another victim.
Problem being that I really want it now...

Make sure to order the Voodoo Lab current doubler, look for the 2.5mm/output one. Goes straight into the Stomp's socket.
fkya
Screen Shot 2023-04-11 at 2.12.32 PM.png

What a timely thread. I’ve been looking at my pedalboard since I’ve acquired some what I consider to be nice pedals and I want to replace my Donner power brick with something legit. Some great suggestions in this thread. One I’ve been considering is the MXR DC Brick. It seems to get real positive reviews. Only thing is, I’ve never really heard much about anyone using it. Another that I’ve been considering is the Truetone 1 Spot Pro CS7. The downside to that one is I will be one outlet short to run 8 pedals, but I can always rotate one in if needed. After further thought, I’m really leaning towards the Truetone…

The downside to that one is I will be one outlet short to run 8 pedals, but I can always rotate one in if needed.

You can always daisy chain, say, some drives following each other. Should have little or no impact on fidelity. I'm running all 5 drives in my main drive loop daisy chained and did a direct AB comparison to powering them from individual isolated outlets - no loss, no more noise, no whatsoever. Daisy chaining still goes a long way in many cases.

You can always daisy chain, say, some drives following each other. Should have little or no impact on fidelity. I'm running all 5 drives in my main drive loop daisy chained and did a direct AB comparison to powering them from individual isolated outlets - no loss, no more noise, no whatsoever. Daisy chaining still goes a long way in many cases.
Nice!!! 🍻
I’ll look and see if Truetone sells those daisy chain connectors when I do my order. I’d be interested in trying them.

Back