Post-Rock or its side, sub, pre genres, start here!

I never got past Lift Your Skinny Fists. I like the experimental and progressive side of things but the lack of pop hooks ultimately makes me bored. But I do appreciate the influence the genre has on adjacent ones.

I never got past Lift Your Skinny Fists. I like the experimental and progressive side of things but the lack of pop hooks ultimately makes me bored. But I do appreciate the influence the genre has on adjacent ones.
I think Mogwai is the natural path to go if gybe was a little to much.
I’m a fan of gybe, but I view them as something more than the music. There’s a bunch of stuff surrounding their legacy and mostly around the founder dude. A very special man…

Or alternatively the easier path with “This will destroy You”. Their self named album is one of those classic ones. There’s songs there that never leaves my brain… very catchy for being post-rock.

Explosions in the Sky, feels like they took everything about post-rock and made it “popular”, straddling the lines between genres. I usually don’t recommend. But their two first albums is classics. Very easy listening, catchy crescendos and such.

Btw, for those that don’t want to go back and do a history tour. There’s a bunch of newer stuff that feels modern.

I would go with Caspians latest release On Circles. It’s a good chunk of production on the ears.

And also We lost the Sea, their two albums: Departure Songs and Triumph and Disaster is both very good.

Bruit
Hubris
Pillars
Those who ride with giants

Back