Post-Metal EZX (Toontrack Drums)

But i wish it had more MIDI files in the pack
They really have got more stingy with the included MIDI as time has gone on. Given this is the direction they’ve taken, I wish they offered way more choice of different drummers and styles.

They really have got more stingy with the included MIDI as time has gone on. Given this is the direction they’ve taken, I wish they offered way more choice of different drummers and styles.
I would like to have some MIDI songs playd by the drummer ( this would mean Cult Of Luna songs )
I think the "Meshugga drum pack" had all the songs from a album. So yeah, I hear you :hmm

Just bought SD3 for an already very reasonable price and added the Death & Darkness SDX for free. Don't really mind the Darkness part of it, but the Death SDX is probably still the best drum sample library one can get for Rock and Metal. The EZX version is also very good.

The sound samples I heard so far from the new Area 33 SDX, though... something wrong with my ears or do all these kits sound annoyingly ringy and boxy?

Last edited:
Just bought SD3 for an already very reasonable price and added the Death & Darkness SDX for free. Don't really mind the Darkness part of it, but the Death SDX is probably still the best drum sample library one can get for Rock and Metal. The EZX version is also very good.

The sound samples I heard so far from the new Area 33 SDX, though... something wrong with my ears or do all these kits sound annoyingly ringy and boxy?
I wanted to get the Area 33 pack, as i think it sounded really `clear` sounding. I loved the tom sounds. But i agree a bit ringy.

I wanted to get the Area 33 pack, as i think it sounded really `clear` sounding. I loved the tom sounds. But i agree a bit ringy.

Just installed Area 33 Thursday night and haven’t even had the chance to track anything with it yet. I base way too much of my mixes around the drums, so dropping it into an existing song leaves a lot to be desired.

It’s definitely very room-y, they took full advantage of the room they were in and there are more room mics in this SDX than any previous one, beefing the mixer up to 45 channels. The making-of video shows it. I prefer this because I try to get most of my drum sounds from room mics, then just bring the close-mics up for definition.

I think a big difference with this SDX was the way the drums were played and I noticed it with the one Mario Duplantier did as well; even when the velocity is pegged to 127, there’s a LOT more variation from 0-127 on this SDX than there is any other I have. Like one you get to around 85-90 with previous releases everything after just sounds like louder version of the same thing, as where this one you can notice someone is hitting the drum harder and it’s not just a volume jump, but a difference with the drum sound itself. I’ll say it; it sounds more realer. :rofl

Just installed Area 33 Thursday night and haven’t even had the chance to track anything with it yet. I base way too much of my mixes around the drums, so dropping it into an existing song leaves a lot to be desired.

It’s definitely very room-y, they took full advantage of the room they were in and there are more room mics in this SDX than any previous one, beefing the mixer up to 45 channels. The making-of video shows it. I prefer this because I try to get most of my drum sounds from room mics, then just bring the close-mics up for definition.

I think a big difference with this SDX was the way the drums were played and I noticed it with the one Mario Duplantier did as well; even when the velocity is pegged to 127, there’s a LOT more variation from 0-127 on this SDX than there is any other I have. Like one you get to around 85-90 with previous releases everything after just sounds like louder version of the same thing, as where this one you can notice someone is hitting the drum harder and it’s not just a volume jump, but a difference with the drum sound itself. I’ll say it; it sounds more realer. :rofl
Yeah I find i love the room sounding kits more as I get older ( maybe always been likeing it )
Cool, let me know if you like the new Area 33 pack.. I need to stop buying stuff for a little while hehe
But i liked the demo of the Steel Monuments Preset and Phantom Preset from the Toontrack page

I’m not ready for a world of CAPTCHA-Core.

D8CBCEC8-06FD-4792-BB4B-D79B5367E93C.jpeg

Okay, I found a good deal for the Area 33 SDX and thought why not give it a try? I probably still prefer the Death SDX, but I have to say that in the context of a mix, the Area 33 sounds much better than isolated. So far I really like the Constrictor and High & Low presets.

Okay, I found a good deal for the Area 33 SDX and thought why not give it a try? I probably still prefer the Death SDX, but I have to say that in the context of a mix, the Area 33 sounds much better than isolated. So far I really like the Constrictor and High & Low presets.
Were is the deal ?

Back