Please give me your honest opinion about the *accuracy* of the Kemper

why does the kpa footswitch have 4 buttons for rigs and then 4 more for effects? thats really dumb imo. just put 8 buttons on there and let people do whatever the flip they want with them.
To be fair though, in using it in 4cm way; you would set up performances with various effects assigned to whatever performance and toggle through things that way using those performance buttons. The extra effects buttons I would probably put a topper on the left and right most ones and use those for something I want to access semi-rarely. Kemper verbs and delays are great. I like the drive options as well. Modulations are where I haven't heard a lot of good examples of. No EVH dual pitch that I can see which is a bummer.

thats probably why i ended up selling it this time around to be honest. i could have been happy with the sounds bc my needs are pretty cave man simple but i have gotten used to having my effects and specifically my octave momentary effects right in front where they are easiest to get to. i just couldn't get used to having to reach back to that tucked away row for effects.

could i probably have figured out a work around? maybe. was it a lot easier on the helix to do that and just about anything else i have thought up while sounding just as good at a fraction of the price? yes. helix stayed but i do want to try a fm9.

to me it seems like an idea the designer had and they want to force people to accept it and bask in their infinite wisdom rather than just giving people the options to do whatever they want which is always the better route.

Last edited:
To be fair though, in using it in 4cm way; you would set up performances with various effects assigned to whatever performance and toggle through things that way using those performance buttons. The extra effects buttons I would probably put a topper on the left and right most ones and use those for something I want to access semi-rarely. Kemper verbs and delays are great. I like the drive options as well. Modulations are where I haven't heard a lot of good examples of. No EVH dual pitch that I can see which is a bummer.
If you mean 4-cm with a real amp, then it doesn't work well at all. Just so you know before your purchase ;)

They're-The-Same-Amp1.jpg

A weird quirk of mine allows me to enjoy your video more than many:

You are addressing the camera with your body, and often face, at an angle to the camera.

In person, it seems men often feel more comfortable indirectly facing each other instead of being directly in each other's faces for an extended period of time and your camera work provides that experience. Granted, it was likely based on you facing your monitor and amps instead of some aesthetic reason, but it still avoided that direct-in-your-face impression from so many other videos.

A weird quirk of mine allows me to enjoy your video more than many:

You are addressing the camera with your body, and often face, at an angle to the camera.

In person, it seems men often feel more comfortable indirectly facing each other instead of being directly in each other's faces for an extended period of time and your camera work provides that experience. Granted, it was likely based on you facing your monitor and amps instead of some aesthetic reason, but it still avoided that direct-in-your-face impression from so many other videos.
Stop trying to get in my pants, you filthy tart.

The point is a technical and objective one - the Kemper isn't 100% accurate. I wouldn't even say it was 98% accurate.

It is quite off in many instances. This video demonstrates just one. Are people not able to hear this stuff? Genuine question.
In my experience with the Kemper, I found it to be more accurate than any but the absolute highest-accuracy monitors it gets played through.

Slightly restated, once the drums come in, who cares?

I ended up going with the Axe-FX III, but that was for the FX, not the basic amp modelling/profiling.

Back