Pivotal Pedalboards / my current build

And with it, I'm building a long-awaited (by me heh) pedalboard of the stuff I like.

Layout of the two-tiers:
UJigiYf.png

Signal chain:
a3TSh4b.png

It's probably going to take a couple weeks to put together... should be fun!

That looks crazy! I can't ever see having a board that complex but neat to look at videos of that stuff.

I have one of the expandable D'Addario pedalboards. It's the first and only pedalboard I've ever owned. I really like the flexibility and quality, especially for the price.

I am EAGERLY awaiting the outcome of this build :chef :guiness :chef
Me too! I would've knocked this out in a few sleepless nights in my younger years, but now... :knit
That looks crazy! I can't ever see having a board that complex but neat to look at videos of that stuff.

I have one of the expandable D'Addario pedalboards. It's the first and only pedalboard I've ever owned. I really like the flexibility and quality, especially for the price.
Yeah, modelers can do way more with a lot less trouble... but I've had these pedals for a while and quite like them, so I think it's worthwhile for me to make a usable rig out of this. We'll see!
But they do look slick!

But yes $800-$900 is wild but hey they look great. I've probably spent that just with the multiple boards I've been through
I justified it by thinking it's a Schmidt Array with extra features, so what a bargain :bag no ragrets so far.

Me too! I would've knocked this out in a few sleepless nights in my younger years, but now... :knit

Yeah, modelers can do way more with a lot less trouble... but I've had these pedals for a while and quite like them, so I think it's worthwhile for me to make a usable rig out of this. We'll see!

I justified it by thinking it's a Schmidt Array with extra features, so what a bargain :bag no ragrets so far.
For sure! I'm definitely jealous!

And with it, I'm building a long-awaited (by me heh) pedalboard of the stuff I like.

Layout of the two-tiers:
UJigiYf.png

Signal chain:
a3TSh4b.png

It's probably going to take a couple weeks to put together... should be fun!

What are you running that in to?

What are you running that in to?
Whatever I want to! Lots of options--mono, stereo, wet/dry, or wet/dry/wet, and it can be run with or without amp sims. What I most want to try out is w/d/w with this board, and that'll be to various amps/cabs in my room.

Realistically though, most of the time I'll run it into another modeler for headphone or desk monitor usage. I want to try to treat this board like a pedalboard as much as is practical rather than yet another modeler rig, so forget the HX Stomp's amp sims. But if take it out, I'll probably end up using the HX Stomp's amp sim and go stereo DI.

That's a really cool pedalboard design. I don't love the Schmidt Array thing because I don't use foot controllers my board itself so don't have any use for a loop switcher type spot and would just use it for more pedals.

Out of curiosity I played around with the decks in Pedalplayground using the custom size pedalboard since it doesn't have graphics and presets for these. The X14 upper deck is just a tiny bit too narrow to fit two of the Volante size Strymons side by side which is a bit of a bummer. The spacing is such that any of the Volante size pedals leave a pretty bad space for many pedals - can't fit e.g two Boss size pedals unless they are top jack types. It fits about 3 small Strymons side by side tho.

Meanwhile the X20 is about similar size to my Temple Audio Trio 21 but due to the dual deck has more space but at the same time is most likely much heavier.

That's a really cool pedalboard design. I don't love the Schmidt Array thing because I don't use foot controllers my board itself so don't have any use for a loop switcher type spot and would just use it for more pedals.

Out of curiosity I played around with the decks in Pedalplayground using the custom size pedalboard since it doesn't have graphics and presets for these. The X14 upper deck is just a tiny bit too narrow to fit two of the Volante size Strymons side by side which is a bit of a bummer. The spacing is such that any of the Volante size pedals leave a pretty bad space for many pedals - can't fit e.g two Boss size pedals unless they are top jack types. It fits about 3 small Strymons side by side tho.

Meanwhile the X20 is about similar size to my Temple Audio Trio 21 but due to the dual deck has more space but at the same time is most likely much heavier.
Two Volante-sized pedals juuuust fit. And if you don't use the hard lid (I won't), you can even go a few inches wider than the upper deck itself.

Yeah, I wish there would've been a size in between 14 & 20.

My oh my, this is pretty much what I could do with.
I'm quite happy with my current board (even if it doesn't look even half one percent as sexy), but I could do with some more space to mount two mini EXP style pedals (wah and volume) in it (right now I'm using a Hotone Soul Press II standing next to the board) - which would make any traditional board too wide already.
Been looking at the Schmidt Array ones already, but the expanding function of these here is just what the doctor ordered.
Unfortunately, given that I'd need to keep using a loop switcher, also given that - in case I would actually shell out that amount of money - I'd like at least some amount of "playground" or "just in case" space, I'd likely need one of the X26 models plus lid. Around €800 already - *eeek*. Still quite cheaper than the Schmidt Array offerings, though.

Anyhow, let's see what you come up with!

My oh my, this is pretty much what I could do with.
I'm quite happy with my current board (even if it doesn't look even half one percent as sexy), but I could do with some more space to mount two mini EXP style pedals (wah and volume) in it (right now I'm using a Hotone Soul Press II standing next to the board) - which would make any traditional board too wide already.
Been looking at the Schmidt Array ones already, but the expanding function of these here is just what the doctor ordered.
Unfortunately, given that I'd need to keep using a loop switcher, also given that - in case I would actually shell out that amount of money - I'd like at least some amount of "playground" or "just in case" space, I'd likely need one of the X26 models plus lid. Around €800 already - *eeek*. Still quite cheaper than the Schmidt Array offerings, though.

Anyhow, let's see what you come up with!
I don't like wide boards, so I prefer to have expression pedals separately on the side. Just gets unwieldy after ~18 inches.

Got it sort of running! But have to redo some of the cabling and start setting up MIDI, still a ways to go. Will post pictures sometime.

Back