Pivotal Pedalboards / my current build

Nice!
Care to elaborate on the routing and which units you're using for which "role"?
Thanks! Routing is shown in the second post's diagram, but here's some thoughts on the pedals I've been writing already anyway.
  • Octaland
    • Great fuzz, nasty/tasty octave, plays nice with buffers. Nice.
  • Cali76 Stacked
    • Would've much rather used the Strymon Compadre... but this just does something nice to single-coil guitars which I haven't been able to duplicate elsewhere.
  • MiniFuzz Si
    • Eh. It's a placeholder.
  • Mood
    • Ambient noise fun. But using more as a pre-drive delay/reverb.
  • RevivalTrem
    • Love the bias tremolo. Can't find this envelope-sensitive effect anywhere except on FAS's amp bias trem.
    • The drive's really great too. But it gets somewhat underutilized since I have to set it to always-on low gain for the bias trem to work.
The order of pedals is switchable within the PBC/6X switcher, so still playing around with the order.
Then it goes to:
  • Microcosm
    • Ambient noise fun.
  • HX Stomp
    • Mostly for delay. Sometimes for modulation. Sometimes for amp & cab sim. Sometimes for headphones. Covering a lot of ground here... but still sort of tempted to switch it out with the Volante.
  • CXM 1978
    • Friggin huge and expensive, no preset spillover, it's dumb. But it sounds great. Always-on reverb.
    • Is it "better" than the BigSky I did A/B against? No. And the BigSky does way more. But I prefer the CXM's sound signature for now.

Oh, so you're mainly using this along with an amp then? Also, seems you're more into the ambient/experimental kinda thing.
Theoretically good to know about the Octaland to play well with buffers - but I just looked it up and it's *way* beyond what I'm willing to pay for any pedal.

Oh, so you're mainly using this along with an amp then? Also, seems you're more into the ambient/experimental kinda thing.
Theoretically good to know about the Octaland to play well with buffers - but I just looked it up and it's *way* beyond what I'm willing to pay for any pedal.
Yeah, made a “play with amps” pedalboad, otherwise I might as well just play my Axe-Fx. But HX Stomp so it can do modeling too obviously.

Just gets unwieldy after ~18 inches.
The Office Thats GIF

Back