Picking this up at the weekend. Aristides h6.

I’m curious how they’re moving, when they don’t absorb or dispel moisture. That’s weird.

I don't know, and I've never played one of these, but if you read the thread, I'm just referencing what owners have said. This is what someone wrote in that thread I linked:

"There seems to be a big misconception of the construction of these guitars.

They are not "made of Arium", they're a chunk of Arium, which is basically foam, and then sandwiched in between a fiberglass shell. Think of an M&M candy, the Arium is the chocolate and the candy shell is the fiberglass.

1722284407941.png

Arium does not provide structural support, the CF and fiberglass do.

Fiberglass and carbon fiber are set with epoxy, and depending on what formulation you can have different stability characteristics."

I don't know, and I've never played one of these, but if you read the thread, I'm just referencing what owners have said. This is what someone wrote in that thread I linked:

They are not "made of Arium", they're a chunk of Arium, which is basically foam, and then sandwiched in between a fiberglass shell. Think of an M&M candy, the Arium is the chocolate and the candy shell is the fiberglass.

View attachment 25729

Fiberglass and carbon fiber are set with epoxy, and depending on what formulation you can have different stability characteristics."
Toan Is In The FoamTM

View attachment 25729

Stiffness yes stability no . Utterly predictable material. Also the infill is very similar to hard wood not really foam, it’s hard and would have some structural strength it’s self.

Stiffness yes stability no . Utterly predictable material. Also the infill is very similar to hard wood not really foam, it’s hard and would have some structural strength it’s self.

That makes me curious if people who are adjusting their Aristides necks are doing it unnecessarily, if they're finding symptoms of something else going on and misdiagnosing it as a neck in need of adjustment.

Andy, have you gotten to try any of the headless multiscale Aristides with the Hantung trem? What's the range like on these, i.e., do they have a similar range to a Floyd? Are they as stable as a Floyd?

Back