Picking this up at the weekend. Aristides h6.

Maybe I missed it, but is this a raw?

I’d love a double bag with an Aristides and an Emerald acoustic. The Chicago weather dynamic duo!

Interesting point about the weather resistance; I've read from threads on various forums that they're necks still really do need adjustment with weather changes. I was extremely surprised to read that, because I totally assumed they were like Vigiers, in which, in a YouTube video, the US sales manager took the neck off one, put it in a freezer and a sauna for a long time each, then reassembled the guitar, and it was perfectly in tune.

This was a reason I was interested in Kiesel, until I read several recent threads of horrible customer service. But they use graphite rods, that should help a ton.

Interesting point about the weather resistance; I've read from threads on various forums that they're necks still really do need adjustment with weather changes. I was extremely surprised to read that, because I totally assumed they were like Vigiers, in which, in a YouTube video, the US sales manager took the neck off one, put it in a freezer and a sauna for a long time each, then reassembled the guitar, and it was perfectly in tune.

This was a reason I was interested in Kiesel, until I read several recent threads of horrible customer service. But they use graphite rods, that should help a ton.
Nope, they don’t move. I have had an 060 for a few years and it doesn’t move. I also look after a few from touring musicians and they never change either.

One interesting feature of Aristides is with the two way truss rod in the neutral position the neck is dead level. This means you use the rod to pull any relief you want instead of resisting the string tension. The outer shell is a glass fibre and carbon fibre layer that’s impervious to all but extreme temperatures ( either end) . The infill is for tone and not going to interfere with the structure. My 060 has been every bit as stable as my Vigier and my old Steinbergers and I am very picky. If my action moves even by 5/1000” I can feel it instantly.

Charvel with the thumb wheel truss rods have graphite rods, so do all EVH models.

I know these are not to everyone’s taste but the tech in me loves the attention to detail and flawless execution. This plays perfectly and sounds amazing. Perfect even response and resonant tone. Jazz to death metal in one guitar.
Even if it's not everyone's taste it screams "pick me up and try!"
Glad it's a keeper. :beer

Tuning stability != neck movement, at least not necessarily. There are other places I’d be looking at for slippage, before neck tweaks.

That's true. The reason I pointed to this thread is it does discuss neck movement specifically, and there were some who wrote that their necks do move. The consensus was that they are more stable than traditional necks, but not unmoving. I had just assumed that they would be like Vigiers, just totally unmoving on their own.

That's true. The reason I pointed to this thread is it does discuss neck movement specifically, and there were some who wrote that their necks do move. The consensus was that they are more stable than traditional necks, but not unmoving. I had just assumed that they would be like Vigiers, just totally unmoving on their own.
I’m curious how they’re moving, when they don’t absorb or dispel moisture. That’s weird.

What do you think of the (GS7?)

These are pretty damn rare if I remember correctly
Yes only two came to the UK the year this one is . I love the innovation in the design and the neck but the body lacks precision in its manufacture. It’s been refretted by me with 57110 stainless and plays great but I keep wanting to make another body. I don’t because it is rare and in pretty good shape for its age.

That’s how FMIC mitigates the green wood that they use for their necks.
Not true. Making raw necks always makes for issues in less stable climates. I really hardly see issues in the UK and I get these all the time.

Yes only two came to the UK the year this one is . I love the innovation in the design and the neck but the body lacks precision in its manufacture. It’s been refretted by me with 57110 stainless and plays great but I keep wanting to make another body. I don’t because it is rare and in pretty good shape for its age.

Is the "knife edge nut" thing legit or just a gimmick?

They aren’t. The expansion coefficient is tiny to the point of irrelevance on these materials .
That’s what I thought. Admittedly I’ve only seen a few, but those customers with them don’t bring them in for anything but to show us. No work needed.

Is the "knife edge nut" thing legit or just a gimmick?
That is the only zero friction nut. Totally brilliant idea.
IMG_2016.jpeg

IMG_2017.jpeg

Back