Peavey Vandenberg making a comeback!!!!

That's a really interesting placement for the Strat pickup; it's like an HS version of the Nightswan. I love the look, but I'd definitely want the neck pickup as close to the neck as possible, and I'd get rid of two frets to get there!

That's a really interesting placement for the Strat pickup; it's like an HS version of the Nightswan. I love the look, but I'd definitely want the neck pickup as close to the neck as possible, and I'd get rid of two frets to get there!
I thought the strat pickup position was interesting as well.

It looks like to me from that poster of Vandenberg on page 1 that the humbucker is slightly slanted with the bass side closer to the bridge (like Jimi).

The original Vandenbergs were 24.75” Gibson scale like the Charvel Fusion and Kramer Nightswan, so the single coil pickup being placed where it is makes sense. Glad they’re doing these with a proper Floyd now but funnily enough Kahler just reissued the Spyder and Steeler trems. I wouldn’t mind seeing one of these with a new Steeler but that’s just me. I don’t mind the Spyder on my HM but a Floyd is a better trem.

He is quite tall next to my wife! Video to follow

Attachments

• IMG_0724.png
    IMG_0724.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 21
I wonder what, if anything, this will do to the price of the used Vandenbergs?

Thought she looked familiar (from your promo videos). You and her, @Bob Zaod and his, I guess it's not too uncommon. Johnny and June, etc.

Maybe I can get my wife to sing in a band with me, but who'd watch the brats?

Sorry for the derail! That's one tall MFer

I was hoping they would offer these in two tiers- the $3000 "great" one and another one, maybe Indonesian made, for half that price.

Making the lower-priced one a "gateway" model, then if you really like that one, you might splurge for the pricy one.

But if my only choice is to spend $3000 on it, I just can't. I love the looks of these and have, since they originally came out way back when. But if they basically come out of nowhere with these, having not made them for so many years, and only offer one expensive option - I'm not sure how well these will sell.

Back