Paisley fabric swatches…

true but it is still wallpaper.

So this is one of those unusual cases where we may both be correct lol. Here’s a vintage ad for the Cling-Foil product Fender used on these. One of the use cases mentioned for it is…. Wallpaper. I didn’t realize it was advertised (and presumably used) that way. I’ve always heard of it as the kind of stuff people put on kitchen shelves. Anyways, interesting bit of trivia…

78952C27-0725-4C45-9200-C6F39EED214F.jpeg

So this is one of those unusual cases where we may both be correct lol. Here’s a vintage ad for the Cling-Foil product Fender used on these. One of the use cases mentioned for it is…. Wallpaper. I didn’t realize it was advertised (and presumably used) that way. I’ve always heard of it as the kind of stuff people put on kitchen shelves. Anyways, interesting bit of trivia…

View attachment 3094
I think you are right.🤣

Probably not going to do a decal … this luthier is a craftsman. I trust his capabilities and creativity; served me really well before.

Laurent Brondel

Recently Built Guitars

The link says a decal, but they offer two options a foil paper and a water slide decal depending on what you want. There are use cases where a luthier might prefer a water slide decal or be forced to use one depending on what look you’re trying to achieve.

I wasn’t saying to even use that paper, I can’t vouch for it I’ve never used it. I was just sharing it for some color options, there’s some interesting stuff in there. It might inspire an idea you like.

D

The link says a decal, but they offer two options a foil paper and a water slide decal depending on what you want. There are use cases where a luthier might prefer a water slide decal or be forced to use one depending on what look you’re trying to achieve.

I wasn’t saying to even use that paper, I can’t vouch for it I’ve never used it. I was just sharing it for some color options, there’s some interesting stuff in there. It might inspire an idea you like.

D
Thank you!

:beer

What did you decide to do?

D

Leap of faith…

Im Out GIF by Halo

Put it in the hands of the Master … letting him decide the pallet and pattern. Tired of the battle; emailed him today.

Birdseye neck.

master guitarist GIF

April build

(Hope it doesn’t change between now and then)

Oh, this … 3 pup config w/ Ron Ellis

60T bridge, 64 FAT middle and a Standard Plus JL neck

● 60T has a more fundamental sound and feel than the 52T. It has the classic authoritative late 50’s to mid-60’s sound and feel, yet still retains a beautiful bell like sound. The 60T is representative of the classic bakersfield whitetop sound, a true rock n’ roll staple.
● Standard Plus JL is a lower wound version made for Julian Lage, to replicate the neck pickup in his 1954 Tele. He is currently using the JL in two of his Nachocaster Teles. It has nice scooped mids and is a bit more pronounced high and low frequencies.
● 64S set has the classic early to mid-60’s Strat sound. They are a bit rounder and deeper sounding on the notes than the 57 set. This set was designed using measurements taken from the pickups in Doyle Bramhall II’s original ‘64 Strat. Doyle, Kirk Fletcher and a number of Nashville and L.A. artists are using the 64S.
● 64 FAT set is a fatter wound version of the 64S set like what is found in mid 60s stratocaster style pickups. This provides a punchier tone and more mid-range compared to the 64 set.

I'm sure your luthier will do you right, but maybe make sure to tell him you want that foil or at least a metalic paint underneath so it really pops like that silver and black one above - drool!

I repurposed my Baja Tele to match my paisley Tele P bass. Purchased an All Parts Body. It was cool but definitely not the same as the original.

Sounds like a great setup. I’ve been curious about Ron’s pups, but the price tag always scares me away…

D

Prices are high, but demand is insane.

I know a little of his work at general atomics in magnetics. He did a ton of measurement with equipment that only a DOD contractor could afford.

When chatting with the builder this morning, he said that RE pups were the long pole in the tent and that we need to put the order in now… (and he’s “preferred/known”).

Prices are high, but demand is insane.

I know a little of his work at general atomics in magnetics. He did a ton of measurement with equipment that only a DOD contractor could afford.

When chatting with the builder this morning, he said that RE pups were the long pole in the tent and that we need to put the order in now… (and he’s “preferred/known”).

I’m pretty sure his are about as good as it gets, hence my interest in them. Then I see the prices and decide my Strat sounds really damn great already and can’t get that much better. Or so I want to believe…

D

Back