One Of The Tastiest Guitar Solos Ever Written

TSJMajesty

Rock Star
From one of the coolest songs ever!

The way Craig weaves in and out of the beat..., how he jumps off the notes, almost making them 'grace notes', the whole groove, the utter raspiness of his tone, and the way it seems like he didn't quite land the ending (whether he did or not, or meant to and missed..., who cares!)

Stands the test of time! And I'm gonna nail this fucker! Seriously though..., as far as bluesey solos go, I think it's a great one for any guitarist who ever plays in this style, to not only learn, but really strive to get the nuances. Because if you do, I feel it can only add to your own swagger.

Coincidentally, I've been working on a cover of this one for a couple of days. My favorite Lenny Kravitz song by far:

Dead simple, 3 chords in all, such a cool groove. The rhythm guitar and solo couldn't be simpler, but it's all just right. This got me on a big Rhodes and clavinet kick (from which I've yet to recover LOL.) I've got all the parts down, but when the Rhodes and clav are really cooking at the end... I haven't quite worked out the feel.

At least a half dozen Clapton staples in that. I was reminded right away of the Sunshine solo.

I tried this solo when I first started playing. I think I got most of it, but it was well before I learned how to cop the actual style of a solo, so it was very rigid.

One of my all time favorite solos in regard to fitting both the melody and the mood of the song. I can go years without hearing it yet it always hits me hard every single time.

Great tune. Love the doubled primary riff/hook an octave up/down depending on how you look at it.
Think I took a stab at it in 199-whatever when it first hit the airwaves. It was also one of the songs
played at my audition for the new band that never was. :LOL:

This is one of the few popular mainstream songs I never get sick of hearing. I remember this blowing up on MTV back in the day and I was just locked into that guitar part.

Great song great riff. Solo is irrelevant and utterly forgettable for me though.

Back