One Love

Iron1

Shredder
TGF Recording Artist
Saw this in the theater last Friday. Presumably pretty true to life, as Ziggy and the whole family were heavily involved in making it.

If you’re a Bob Marley fan, a musician, or even someone who wishes music could solve the world’s problems you should see this flick.

My favorite line, paraphrased, was Bob saying something like “My life kept to myself is worthless, only in giving myself to the world do I have any value.”

Having grown up in DC where there’s a sizable Rasta community, it was cool to see that culture so well represented too. Sad that the Bad Brains weren’t able to have the same impact Bob did, but HR turned down the recording contract that made Living Color a household name cause he didn’t want “blood money.”

Saw this in the theater last Friday. Presumably pretty true to life, as Ziggy and the whole family were heavily involved in making it.

If you’re a Bob Marley fan, a musician, or even someone who wishes music could solve the world’s problems you should see this flick.

My favorite line, paraphrased, was Bob saying something like “My life kept to myself is worthless, only in giving myself to the world do I have any value.”

Having grown up in DC where there’s a sizable Rasta community, it was cool to see that culture so well represented too. Sad that the Bad Brains weren’t able to have the same impact Bob did, but HR turned down the recording contract that made Living Color a household name cause he didn’t want “blood money.”
I've been discussing this movie with a work friend -- he's from the island Antigua and we'll listen to Marley a lot. He hasn't seen it yet and I'd like to check it out soon. I always dug Ziggy too and of course there are soooo many in the Marley family doing music.

I've been discussing this movie with a work friend -- he's from the island Antigua and we'll listen to Marley a lot. He hasn't seen it yet and I'd like to check it out soon. I always dug Ziggy too and of course there are soooo many in the Marley family doing music.
You should both go see it. Especially if, like me, you’re a sucker for these “rags to rock star” type movies. Like Walk the Line, etc.

Back