Old school analog vs. digital

Okay, one of you doesn't know WTF they are talking about. It can't be both :LOL:

I have a great reason. I was decked by Chuck Billy when just trying to shake his hand. Total sucker move. I was about 140lbs soaking wet at the time (if you have seen Chuck in person you'd get why it was) and Testament had just released their first album. Have hated them ever since.

I have a great reason. I was decked by Chuck Billy when just trying to shake his hand. Total sucker move. I was about 140lbs soaking wet at the time (if you have seen Chuck in person you'd get why it was) and Testament had just released their first album. Have hated them ever since.
What the heck? Yeah I can see how that would sour you! What was the reason?

What the heck? Yeah I can see how that would sour you! What was the reason?

I dont know. I saw him walking with his girl all by themselves in the parking lot of the venue Testament were going to play at that night and went over to him smiling and holding my hand out saying something like "hey love the album man" he clubbed me like a caveman and knocked me on my ass. I also remember at the show I made sure to get right up front and hold my middle finger up at him a few times.

I dont know. I saw him walking with his girl all by themselves in the parking lot of the venue Testament were going to play at that night and went over to him smiling and holding my hand out saying something like "hey love the album man" he clubbed me like a caveman and knocked me on my ass.
He is NOT small either. Yikes.

4hf0.gif

I dont know. I saw him walking with his girl all by themselves in the parking lot of the venue Testament were going to play at that night and went over to him smiling and holding my hand out saying something like "hey love the album man" he clubbed me like a caveman and knocked me on my ass. I also remember at the show I made sure to get right up front and hold my middle finger up at him a few times.
Girlfriend must have been so proud… :rolleyes:

Testament saw them a few times, super awesome show, Alex is a killer player
they should always have been the big 5 of thrash

I dont understand anyone getting all butthurt over something that improves a live experience. When I went to see The End tour by Black Sabbath I could tell they had heavy auto tune on Ozzy's voice. I have worked with it extensively for others and myself actually (when tired or sick) and it has a distinct chorus effect even the really powerful AT engines. I REALLY knew it when he went to do the intro to the Wizard with his harmonica and vocal mic and the first few seconds sounded all garbled and weird (chromatic AT on a diatonic instrument).
I enjoyed the show because Ozzy sounded very good all night. Nothing makes me cringe worse than a singer singing out of key. If it takes AT to make it sound good I'm a fan. I have no high horse when it comes to AT or tracks.

That autotune sound itself is reason enough for me to hate it. I don't really care if someone fixes a bum note in the studio, but relying on that sh*t live is just....it's not what I dig about a performance. And when you know you have a safety net, you're simply not going to put 100% into delivering because why bother? It's not like anyone will notice because it all has that autotune chorused sound on it. I'm more than happy agreeing to disagree on this one. :rofl

And my post had nothing to do with something that improves a live experience. I have a problem with the live experience being a programmed computer or machine manipulating the live aspect out of the performance. I love a ton of bands that use backing tracks live, more bands do it than don't at this point. That wasn't my point at all.

Back