Ok I just bought a Mark V combo

TubeStack

Rock Star
I somewhat impulsively just bought a used Mark V combo online. Pretty good price. I’m not sure if it has the footswitch, sent an email to find out. Taurus Grey, which I really dig.

It’s going to be one hell of a couch noodler! :love

Here’s a store shot, will send pics when it gets here.

IMG_0040.jpeg

Meh, I move my Recto 2x12 all the time for gigs, which is about the same weight, plus my 40lb+ Dyne head. I'm good for it.

Also, as mentioned, this wil primarily be for at home beside the couch, but also have all the power needed for gigs, if I want.

I started by looking at 20W Cali Tweed and Mark V 25 combos they had, but this was only $200 more, so it seemed like the obvious choice!

Congrats!! These are GOAT'd amps I don't care what anyone says :love :love :love :love :love

The Taurus Grey looks real slick too :love

Crunch mode on channel 2 gets all the attention and its well deserved, but I've found myself totally in love with Edge mode, don't let that one slip under the radar!

If it doesn't have a footswitch, and as long as you don't need all those different options, I just grabbed one of these and am pretty happy with it. Much smaller and much cheaper than a mesa replacement. Something was intermittently wrong with my factory switch and I didn't want to risk spending $200 on one from mesa in case the issue was a relay in the amp itself

https://sweetfootpedals-com.3dcarts...-Button-Footswitch--HANDMADE-IN-USA_p_43.html

Congrats!! These are GOAT'd amps I don't care what anyone says :love :love :love :love :love

The Taurus Grey looks real slick too :love

Crunch mode on channel 2 gets all the attention and its well deserved, but I've found myself totally in love with Edge mode, don't let that one slip under the radar!

Thanks, man! I'm looking forward to trying out all the different modes again and in the combo version. (I have owned a V head in the past, but of course went back to my beloved Electra Dyne. However, this will be mostly used in 10W at home and then maybe brought out for smaller gigs where I don't want to bring a 2x12 + head.)

If it doesn't have a footswitch, and as long as you don't need all those different options, I just grabbed one of these and am pretty happy with it. Much smaller and much cheaper than a mesa replacement. Something was intermittently wrong with my factory switch and I didn't want to risk spending $200 on one from mesa in case the issue was a relay in the amp itself

https://sweetfootpedals-com.3dcarts...-Button-Footswitch--HANDMADE-IN-USA_p_43.html

And thanks again! I just heard back from the store, and it does have the footswitch + slip cover, but no wheels. But that's no biggie, I can share the wheels from one of my Recto 2x12s with it.

I knew I could trust you to uphold the honour of this Forum by doing great things while
I was away lifing for a few days, @TubeStack . :beer

I got you when it comes to 10W, Class A, Tube Rectifier, Tweed Mode on the MKV. :love

I knew I could trust you to uphold the honour of this Forum by doing great things while
I was away lifing for a few days, @TubeStack . :beer

I got you when it comes to 10W, Class A, Tube Rectifier, Tweed Mode on the MKV. :love

Haha, I was waiting for your response! I know you love the MkV. :beer

I somewhat impulsively just bought a used Mark V combo online. Pretty good price. I’m not sure if it has the footswitch, sent an email to find out. Taurus Grey, which I really dig.

It’s going to be one hell of a couch noodler! :love

Here’s a store shot, will send pics when it gets here.

View attachment 29931

IV or Extreme mode.
V on the graphic EQ. Don't go past the bottom line on the 750Hz slider.
Treble knob maxed, bass and mid knobs at zero.
Gain about noon.
Presence and 6600 knob to taste.
Use a gate.

Results:

metal headbang GIF

Profit.

The beauty inherent in the V is that you can do the scooped, where the fuck did the Mids
all go Metal thing of Channel 3, and the juicy glassiness of 10 watt Class A Tweed Mode
on Channel 1.

It's the pinnacle and highwater "mark" of Randall's amp building career. :beer

In my opinion, of course. :LOL:

The beauty inherent in the V is that you can do the scooped, where the fuck did the Mids
all go Metal thing of Channel 3, and the juicy glassiness of 10 watt Class A Tweed Mode
on Channel 1.

It's the pinnacle and highwater "mark" of Randall's amp building career. :beer

In my opinion, of course. :LOL:
Bit of a misnomer though, pulling the mid slider down doesn't mean no mids. It means no honk. Never go all the way down, but the Mark is an extremely mid-heavy amp, and pulling down the mids to make it a balanced sound is a must for heavier music. For reference, on my Rectos I usually run the mids at noon or 1 o clock, to get a similarly balanced sound with a Mark amp that mid slider is 3/4ths of the way between the mid line and the bottom line.

Back