OCD

Baba

Shredder
Okay, WTF. There are two different ones on my local CG listed for $350.00 each.

Somehow, him announcing he's going out of business has increased the value of the mass produced, 400,000 variants in circulation?

No.

I have only owned clones. And I love them. I also really dig the OCD in the HX stuff. The Clyde wah was AWESOME. I guess I picked the wrong time to feel like trying the real thing :|

i dunno. i just picked an old one (version 2.something) for $122 or so on the fulltone site so...

People are crazy.
Had an OCD in my board for a long time, was perfect with the jtm45 I had at the time.

I heard about Fulltone closing the day before it spread across the internet and I immediately bought an OCD V2 and a ‘70 Fuzz for $90 a piece. Every time I look at them I think “There’s another Partscaster sitting in pedal form….”

Money is such an arbitrary construct to me that I have a hard time finding any kind of baseline for good/bad in the context of selling used items. There’s a huge part of me that says “If someone wants to pay a stupid amount of money for something, who am I to stop them?” while the altruist in me thinks “It’s quite sh*tty this happens because inevitably, someone with far less access to cash won’t be able to participate.”

Especially in the context of music gear; someone adds some NKT275’s to a fuzz pedal and bam, the price is $500+, or the JHS Show highlights an old, sh*tty Digitech pedal no one ever cared about and all of a sudden they skyrocket from $35 used to $350 used. It’s all arbitrary. I wrestle with “Do I cash in on something so meaningless as a guitar pedal?” and “Does the ripple effect of me cashing in on this cause issues in other areas?”

I heard about Fulltone closing the day before it spread across the internet and I immediately bought an OCD V2 and a ‘70 Fuzz for $90 a piece. Every time I look at them I think “There’s another Partscaster sitting in pedal form….”

Money is such an arbitrary construct to me that I have a hard time finding any kind of baseline for good/bad in the context of selling used items. There’s a huge part of me that says “If someone wants to pay a stupid amount of money for something, who am I to stop them?” while the altruist in me thinks “It’s quite sh*tty this happens because inevitably, someone with far less access to cash won’t be able to participate.”

Especially in the context of music gear; someone adds some NKT275’s to a fuzz pedal and bam, the price is $500+, or the JHS Show highlights an old, sh*tty Digitech pedal no one ever cared about and all of a sudden they skyrocket from $35 used to $350 used. It’s all arbitrary. I wrestle with “Do I cash in on something so meaningless as a guitar pedal?” and “Does the ripple effect of me cashing in on this cause issues in other areas?”

I agree with you but I also believe that there are so many OCD out there that I don't think they will ever sell for big money, not in the near future at least.
An OCD is not a klon, doesn't have that kind of aura, imho.

Things might be different for less popular Fulltone pedals.

I agree with you but I also believe that there are so many OCD out there that I don't think they will ever sell for big money, not in the near future at least.
An OCD is not a klon, doesn't have that kind of aura, imho.

Things might be different for less popular Fulltone pedals.

Yeah, I think it’s all just that initial idea of “These aren’t going to be made anymore, let’s see how far we can push this!”

I think the most I’ve seen one actually sell for was $275 for a V1 and $250 for a V2.

And if Mike Fuller opens shop in Nashville and starts making them again, I wouldn’t be surprised to see yet another price hike with the originals.

Depends on how you’re using it. The OCD is the anti TS-SD1 if running it max level/no gain, into a high gain amp. Pushes the amp without the massive low end roll off.

I don’t like most pedal distortion generally, but in terms of using OD’s to push what you’ve already got going, the OCD is my favorite. Amp on steroids.

Tbh (and without any regard to Mike's shenanigans) craftsmanship is great - but I never got along with the OCD's sounds and response.

I borrowed V1 and V2 variants at some point, both seemed "lifeless" to my ears/hands. Just not my cup of tea, my fav. overdrives are Klones and the SD-1.

I used mine for a while last night, this thing works with so many different amps. If you toss it in front of an older Marshall model you can pretty much turn them all into a boosted JCM800/modded Marshall with that thing.

This thing could easily be my bail-out pedal I keep in a bag so no matter where I showed up, I could get any amp to work with me as it’d give me just enough dirt to hide my sh*tty playing.

I used mine for a while last night, this thing works with so many different amps. If you toss it in front of an older Marshall model you can pretty much turn them all into a boosted JCM800/modded Marshall with that thing.

This thing could easily be my bail-out pedal I keep in a bag so no matter where I showed up, I could get any amp to work with me as it’d give me just enough dirt to hide my sh*tty playing.

I had and ocd (V4) in my board for quite long time and used it with different amps
a Jtm45 (perfect match),
a Splawn Nitro (perfect match),
an Enlg powerball 2 (this one didn't really needed an ocd in front)
and a marshall jubilee (very good but I ended up using a different pedal - fulltone fat boost 2)

Is a desert island pedal for me.

I had and ocd (V4) in my board for quite long time and used it with different amps
a Jtm45 (perfect match),
a Splawn Nitro (perfect match),
an Enlg powerball 2 (this one didn't really needed an ocd in front)
and a marshall jubilee (very good but I ended up using a different pedal - fulltone fat boost 2)

Is a desert island pedal for me.

I gotta try it with the Splawn!!! That's one of my favorite amps in the AxeFX, I'm actually tracking (trying to) a solo right now with it.

I know a guy who was a session player in NYC and he always took one with him so he’d always have a reliable base tone when he didn’t know what the backline was going to look like.

I had a few versions and always liked it, but there’s other stuff out there I liked better. I wouldn’t pay $300 for one

I couldn't jive with the do or die approach of the HP/LP switch. One way was too thick/dark,
and the other was too thin/bright.

I am a live and die with the SD-1 kind of guy, though.

Back