NSD! YJM content.

Blix

Roadie
Had 9-46 on my Fender YJM for a few months now and it's just not right on that guitar, got to be 8-11-14-22-32-46 tuned down a half step! :grin :grin

Also, I'm having spaghetti for dinner today.
IMG_0984_jpg.jpg

It was on mine ever since the ads in Guitar Player in 87/88...
I procrastinate with guitars. I usually end up doing partscasters so I can customize right out of the gate, and the scalloped neck I really need to get either way. The standard YJM checks a lot of boxes for me: Strat, Dunlop 6000 frets, scalloped, all maple neck, vintage trem (I'd probably mod that to a tighter string spread), noiseless singles. A lot going for it. It's easy to see why it's one of Fender's if not the best selling sig model.

I procrastinate with guitars. I usually end up doing partscasters so I can customize right out of the gate, and the scalloped neck I really need to get either way. The standard YJM checks a lot of boxes for me: Strat, Dunlop 6000 frets, scalloped, all maple neck, vintage trem (I'd probably mod that to a tighter string spread), noiseless singles. A lot going for it. It's easy to see why it's one of Fender's if not the best selling sig model.
Yeah I want one of the newer models too. They're quite different from this model with vintage frets and not the super deep scallops. :giggle:

I definitely want a scalloped neck, probably sooner than later. After finally managing to play 4 notes that weren’t sharp on one, I understood it and realized how much more efficient my fretting hand could be if I played on a scalloped neck for a year…..and then dropped the action on all my guitars.

For the hell of it, I dropped my Strat down to Eb last night and the 10-46 strings feel sooo slinky. Even more so than my San Dimas. I can’t even imagine what 8-46 would feel like down a half step.

Hey.. that doesn't look like spaghetti??:cop

It does look tasty though!
Here in Norway we tend to call everything pasta for spaghetti like americans calles anything pasta noodles.
Ironically those are actual rice noodles, I didn't have any spaghetti left :grin

Here in Norway we tend to call everything pasta for spaghetti like americans calles anything pasta noodles.
Ironically those are actual rice noodles, I didn't have any spaghetti left :grin
Wondered why you were eating dinner so early? Makes sense now.:grin
Nothing wrong with rice noodles either, I like them. I pretty much like any pasta though.

I definitely want a scalloped neck, probably sooner than later. After finally managing to play 4 notes that weren’t sharp on one, I understood it and realized how much more efficient my fretting hand could be if I played on a scalloped neck for a year…..and then dropped the action on all my guitars.
Yes I always keep one. The danger is that you end up preferring it and I can’t not play all my others.

Back