NPD x 2: Boss/EVH SDE3000 Mystery Science Theater Edition, JAM Pedals Delay Lama Supreme

Been away from home for a couple of days/nights, so didn't get any play time with the new
delays. :brick

Intending to rectify that situation tonight.... big time. :banana

I am in a the middle of RTFM! denial at the moment. Just randomly pushing buttons
and hoping for the best is robbing me of hope and depriving me of the best. :brick

I hear you. I am just being a whiny, little bitch about it. :grin

Learning any UI comes with its challenges. :beer

The cool thing is the Boss/EVH came with 3 male to female 1/4 TS cables so you don't have to try and
cram your existing instrument cables into such a small space. Nice touch, Boss.... I mean.... Korg.... I mean,
Roland.... I mean.... :idk

I am in a the middle of RTFM! denial at the moment. Just randomly pushing buttons
and hoping for the best is robbing me of hope and depriving me of the best. :brick
Every now and then, we just have to push our inner-man aside, and ask for directions. haha

The cool thing is the Boss/EVH came with 3 male to female 1/4 TS cables so you don't have to try and
cram your existing instrument cables into such a small space. Nice touch, Boss.... I mean.... Korg.... I mean,
Roland.... I mean.... :idk
Their version of humbusters? I had completely forgotten about them i got a ground whine with Kemper and 2290 yesterday i should try those

Every now and then, we just have to push our inner-man aside, and ask for directions. haha
Which in the case of the 2290 pedal is futile since there's only a fuck all quick Start.

But luckily there's the old 2290 manual and

I wish they'd let me export my 2290 plugin presets to import in the pedal

Understandable.
I got the EvH delay since shortly after it came out for like 150 bucks less, found a used one the guy sold because he couldn’t figure how to change the default switch config.

totally love it.
On a lurch i got a tc2290p which i dig as much and Im running that into the evh. And together they’re just insane fun.

I’m currently deciding which one of these I want, the 2290 or the EVH. These are pretty much both in my top 3 favorite delays, but I’m not putting both on a board because that’s just too much real estate.

I’m currently deciding which one of these I want, the 2290 or the EVH. These are pretty much both in my top 3 favorite delays, but I’m not putting both on a board because that’s just too much real estate.
If i had to decide that be tuff...the EVH does vibey-80s delay perfect.
The 2290 does a whole lotta modulation stuff way better.

That said for delays that's don't mush out and still don't get in the way it's great

In a perfect world there'd be a pcm41 or 42 pedal.

Oh btw, lifting one input and one output got rig of the ground whine i have when running it with the Kemper Krampusplayer

I've owned a few delays, and this EVH is one of the best delays in pedal form I have ever heard. It sounds
fucking fantastic. It ramped up my in house rig's tone a solid 10 to 20 percent. It's astounding. :chef

There must be some kind of built-in ducking into the algorithms. Like Ed said, it doesn't
mush out, or get in the way, and yet it is there in all of its magnificent.

It's also 2 different delays and a rig router. You get a lot for 6 bills. I found a used one and
paid 5 bills for mine. No regerts. :beer

Boss delays are awesome. I'm betting this is kick ass in the room :chef

Yeah. They nailed it with this one. I knew they did. Just makes everything sound
better. Like a bit of pixie dust, or the magic gravy you want to pour over everything
on your plate.:guiness

Yes, I am starving right now. :LOL:

Do you pull Delay Blocks out of the Fractal? I'm curious how the EVH sounds compared to any of the delays set up in factory presets.

Cuz some of them are simply eargasmic.

Do you pull Delay Blocks out of the Fractal? I'm curious how the EVH sounds compared to any of the delays set up in factory presets.

Cuz some of them are simply eargasmic.
Let me be frank. I used an AxeFx fir a decade as my main rig.
First i stopped using verb, then delay, then the AxeFx.
I might very well be that the 2290 block in the Axe3 is happening...but after Uktra, 2, fx8, ax8 it doesn't do what the 2290 in one block let alone what the 3009 does.

But someone could always post a graph lol

Back