NPD x 2: Boss/EVH SDE3000 Mystery Science Theater Edition, JAM Pedals Delay Lama Supreme

la szum

Goatlord
I put some restraint on my restraint and snagged 2 immortal delay engines. Digital and Analog,
because both/and is the way. :beer

Haven't had time to do anything apart from racing home to catch the Fed Ex Driver so I could sign
for these. Man, I caught him with about 5 minutes to spare. Sucks when you miss them and no one
is home to sign. Makes Daddy sad. :(

Been eyeing the SDE/EVH delay since it was released. The Delay Lama was more of an impulse. I am
asssuming it is the JAM Pedals take on the beloved big box Deluxe Memory Man, which I have a couple
of, so I wanted to compare a modern boutique take on that circuit.

It's cold as fudge out, and I don't have to leave the Ranch, so I am going to hang here and endlessly
repeat myself into self-oscillating madness. :LOL:

20240116_140524.jpg

I really want a delay llama. Nice score. Let us know how it compares to a memory man. Which delay chip are they using?

Super Awesome Dave, why have one when you can have 2 for double the price :LOL:
Congrats and enjoy

:chef:beer:chef

It's a keeper. Welp, the only one I checked out yesterday sure is. :love

Man, that EVH is greasier than a juke joint in the Mississippi Delta that's been
serving up Fried Chicken and Collards since the beginning of time. What a fun
fucking ride that pedal is.

I am going to be blasphemous and do some Daniel Lanois shit with it, because
I can. And yes, that was/is a different Korg rack delay. I get it. :beer

Biggest beef right out of the gate is I remembered how much I hate the Boss UI
and aesthetic. Can you at least offer one knob/rotary encoder? WTF? Arrows for life. :facepalm

I'll figure it out. Just bad acid trip flashback. And don't we all get at least one UI beef
in this world. This is mine. :LOL:

It's a keeper. Welp, the only one I checked out yesterday sure is. :love

Man, that EVH is greasier than a juke joint in the Mississippi Delta that's been
serving up Fried Chicken and Collards since the beginning of time. What a fun
fucking ride that pedal is.

I am going to be blasphemous and do some Daniel Lanois shit with it, because
I can. And yes, that was/is a different Korg rack delay. I get it. :beer

Biggest beef right out of the gate is I remembered how much I hate the Boss UI
and aesthetic. Can you at least offer one knob/rotary encoder? WTF? Arrows for life. :facepalm

I'll figure it out. Just bad acid trip flashback. And don't we all get at least one UI beef
in this world. This is mine. :LOL:
are you the only guitarist in your band though :bag :sofa :cop:whistle

I really want a delay llama. Nice score. Let us know how it compares to a memory man. Which delay chip are they using?

I am not sure. I'll Google that shit and get back to you. I wonder if it is the new production MN3205
that has been making the rounds, or the Xvive 3005 chip Howard Davis is purported to have had a role in. :idk

are you the only guitarist in your band though :bag :sofa :cop:whistle

Haha! Why yes. Yes I am. I play all the instruments here, and bust all the chops, and lay
down the rules for all the various versions of myself inhabiting this space. :hmm

:LOL:

I'd never use it with the other guys. I do this for myself. Because I can. :beer

Need to setup another amp at home here. Until I do I can't explore the W/D/W Multiverse.

Haha! Why yes. Yes I am. I play all the instruments here, and bust all the chops, and lay
down the rules for all the various versions of myself inhabiting this space. :hmm

:LOL:

I'd never use it with the other guys. I do this for myself. Because I can. :beer

Need to setup another amp at home here. Until I do I can't explore the W/D/W Multiverse.
As much as stuff as I have ran through over the years and how much I KNOW I would love w/d/w; I have never pulled that trigger. I probably should at some point.

As much as stuff as I have ran through over the years and how much I KNOW I would love w/d/w; I have never pulled that trigger. I probably should at some point.

Neither have I. I have a w/d rig at home that I play almost every day, and have wanted the EVH/Boss Delay
since it came out. Been sitting on the fence for months and was like, "You could die tomorrow dude!" :LOL:

Not sure what I am going to do for amps/cabs to get that other amp/cab worked in. :idk

Time to rearrange some furniture, JT! :beer

I am not sure. I'll Google that shit and get back to you. I wonder if it is the new production MN3205
that has been making the rounds, or the Xvive 3005 chip Howard Davis is purported to have had a role in. :idk

I had look yesterday, it's 2 x cool audio v3205.

Cool! Thanks for checking. :beer

I'll try to get to it tonight---if I can overcome how smitten I am with the Boss/EVH. :LOL:
Understandable.
I got the EvH delay since shortly after it came out for like 150 bucks less, found a used one the guy sold because he couldn’t figure how to change the default switch config.

totally love it.
On a lurch i got a tc2290p which i dig as much and Im running that into the evh. And together they’re just insane fun.

Back