NPD- Cornerstone IMPERIUM

Gearzilla

Shredder
TGF Recording Artist
IMG_0190.jpeg

A friend loaned me a Cornerstone GLADIO SC a few weeks ago. Really enjoyed it. So… I picked up the IMPERIUM which is a combination of their GLADIO SC and ANTIQUE ones.

Great pedal!

Cornerstone make quality stuff!

I've had my eye on the GLADIO SC for quite some time, but I thought that spot had been filled by the Belle. Now you've got me thinking again :LOL:

I've had my eye on the GLADIO SC for quite some time, but I thought that spot had been filled by the Belle. Now you've got me thinking again :LOL:
They’re both great, and different. The Gladio SC (to me) is a bit more amp like compared to the Nobels or Nordland. The Nordland maybe a bit more transparent than the Nobels ODR-1 reissue.

I also had a chance to check out a Browne Protein. Preferred the above mentioned pedals to it. Though I really liked the blue side of the Protein which is their Carbon OD.

Haven’t had the opportunity to play through the Wampler ODR-1 variant yet.

Incidentally, I had the Belle cascading into the Tumnus Deluxe last night and it was pretty amazing. I never bought them with that in mind, and I didn't think that I particularly cared for stacking given how modest my gain needs are; but it was pretty gorgeous and amp-like!

Incidentally, I had the Belle cascading into the Tumnus Deluxe last night and it was pretty amazing. I never bought them with that in mind, and I didn't think that I particularly cared for stacking given how modest my gain needs are; but it was pretty gorgeous and amp-like!
That’s a great combination!

I guarantee a GLADIO SC on its own or with your other pedals would be awesome!

A TS or Klon after fuzz really does it for me. It helps regain the mids that almost every fuzz seems to lose while keeping the filthy fuzz clipping intact.
Yep! I've done a TS after fuzzfaces, tube drivers, rats. Great results with all, of course in varying degrees depending on settings, amp, etc. Usually you have to sacrifice the best parts of each unit a bit to get a desired result combined.

Back